Shrimp on the buffet on Magic ?

goofy810

We went on a 7 night on Fantasy in Jan and loved the shrimp on the buffet every day at lunch (the peal and eat ones), But with the Magic being smaller does anyone know if they still have them? we leave in Oct for a 4 night out of NYC and looking forward to the shrimp.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry, but we just got off the Magic and were really upset that they're no longer serving shrimp on the Magic. We will only be cruising the Fantasy from now on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Who said that the Magic will never be serving shrimp again?

A lot depends on what products they can get.

I took it as a joke! I'm quite certain that the ship will be serving shrimp again if in fact they did not on your cruise. Is it possible that you didn't see it?

Sorry, but that's about as silly as saying that because I was on a cruise where they ran out of TP (yes, it happened), they weren't stocking that any more. If indeed they did not serve peel and eat shrimp, something happened. I'd expect it to be rectified promptly.

I took it as a joke! I'm quite certain that the ship will be serving shrimp again if in fact they did not on your cruise. Is it possible that you didn't see it?

Sorry' date=' but that's about as silly as saying that because I was on a cruise where they ran out of TP (yes, it happened), they weren't stocking that any more. If indeed they did not serve peel and eat shrimp, something happened. I'd expect it to be rectified promptly.[/quote']

I thought it was an odd statement, also. But I decided to think they were being serious.

Our server mentioned something about DCL needing to cutback on some expenses and it is very expensive to prepeel shrimp

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yeah, I don't think so. I doubt that the server is privy to DCL financial decisions. Sounds more like wishful thinking (maybe the server is one of the people who has to help with pre-peeling the shrimp?)

I'm with Shmoo on this...and if it was a cutback, it would have happened across all ships, not just one. Anything a server may say about "policy" is likely to be crew rumor as the menus, supply, etc. decisions are all coming to them from shoreside execs. It is true that the senior people in various departments can reject a shipment at the port if an item is not of the quality they ordered. If it cannot be replaced in a timely fashion, an item may be missing or in short supply on a particular cruise. However, this doesn't normally happen at PC...it is more common in Europe and typically involves things like fresh fruits.

Yes, the chefs on board have discretion as to SOME of what is prepared. For example, on one cruise the bananas were ripening too fast...so they made banana bread several nights in a row. But most of these strange happenings are on TAs and other long/unusual cruises. They have the system down for the "normal" cruises.