Getting from Pier to Airport in New Orleans

dporter

I think using an old fashioned taxi is the best way to go since there is a flat rate to the airport that is maybe $2 different than what you'd pay on Lyft/uber and you might not have to wait as long.

I'd never use Carnival's transportation as you have to wait for the bus to fill up.

Cabs within the city limits of NOLA have a set fare for the airport and are lined up at the port ready to take people there. I don't remember the exact cost but it was less than $34 for 2 people and 4 large bags in 2015.

With Uber or Lyft you might have to hike out to the main road for pickup or wait a while for them to battle through the port traffic.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Just sailed the Dream 8/27. We used UBER to & from the port. Very easy & least expensive option we found for 4 people. When we exited customs there was someone directing people where to go to catch UBER. Took about 5ish minutes from when I requested to our ride showing up.

ETA: it's not like the airport where you have to hike a million miles to the UBER area for pick up. It was a short, easy walk just past where the priority doors were. And they can drop you off right at the airport doors.

I always take the Carnival shuttle back to the airport from NOLA port. I'm usually in the very first group off the ship because of platinum and carrying off my own luggage. I've never had to wait for them to fill the bus, and in fact there are usually way less than 10 people on that first bus leaving for the airport. I use airport shuttle new Orleans dot com to get to my one night pre-cruise hotel, but always use Carnival shuttle to get back to the airport after my cruise, and I have no complaints with them.

Have a great cruise! I love cruising out of NOLA.

We would prefer to get of the ship later, after the masses, we have a later flight and are not in a rush. Besides, I don't like to haul my luggage off the ship (just a personal preference). i am not opposed to the Carnival shuttle but we would prefer something smaller than a large tour bus.

We used Lyft from airport to hotel and vice versa. A taxi would have been $60 plus tip for the 4 of us--their rates are published on the doors and was $15 a person from NO to airport. Lyft was $30 something. Loved our driver from the airport into NO. He had been a Carnival PVP for years and was now a police officer in a neighboring town in LA. It was interesting talking to him.