Choice Air refunds if Hurricane?

emerald6273

In the event of a hurricane what happens with regard to a Choice Air flight booking particularly business class transatlantic flight?

If cruise was cancelled and you had booked flights with Choice Air separately and cruise through TA would you get refund for both even if booked separately? I had to give cruise reservation number to make Choice Air booking in first place.

Hopefully don't end up in this situation as not sailing from Miami for another 2 weeks but Hurricane Irma has got me thinking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Completely depends upon the terms and conditions of the ticket that you purchased.

It is highly likely that you have a consolidator-type ticket, which usually has significant restrictions. However, without actual specifics including airline, routing, dates and fare basis, any other answer would be speculative at best.

Your best answer is from the carrier who will be transporting you.

(BTW, you did know the fare rules for your ticket before you bought them, right?)

I know I have a non refundable ticket but thought maybe naively that as it's connected to cruise you might be covered for a refund if cruise got cancelled?

Hopefully it's all good as cruise is scheduled for 25 September and weather should be better.

Edited by harv2015

I know I have a non refundable ticket but thought maybe naively that as it's connected to cruise you might be covered for a refund if cruise got cancelled?

Hopefully it's all good as cruise is scheduled for 25 September and weather should be better.

Have a look at the website for the airline. During natural disasters, storms etc. most airlines wave all restrictions on flights into the affected area and permit the flight to be rebooked or refunded. Generally for most major national and international airlines this is regardless of the conditions on the original ticket.

You have to appreciate the airlines are cancelling flights left right and centre. If they can reduce the number of passengers that need to be re-accommodated ahead of time they are more than happy to do that.

It is only "connected" in the sense that the cruiseline acted as a sales agent reselling an airline ticket to you. Read the T&C for your particular cruiseline air and you'll see lots of disclaimers that the cruiseline is not responsible for anything.

As for travel waivers, even those may have restrictions on validity. Completely depends, as said earlier, on the airline and the specifics of the ticket's fare rules. Some airlines are more liberal than others, some less so. But again, in the absence of details....

Ok not as smart as some here but If the airline cancels the flight & they cannot get you to the destination will they refund your ticket ?

EG: the airport in Miami is closed due to hurricane or damaged from a hurricane

We had to cancel SAS flights and we bought economy plus seats which had a full refund BUT RCCL charged us $300.00 for canceling the air .

Because RCCL was acting as your travel agent, and TA's can have cancellation policies that are separate from those attached to the ticket sold by the airline.

We had to cancel SAS flights and we bought economy plus seats which had a full refund BUT RCCL charged us $300.00 for canceling the air .

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

What is interesting is SAS policy is to permit flights to be changes to a time in the future (up to October) free of any charges.

https://www.sas.no/traffic-information/message/

What is interesting is SAS policy is to permit flights to be changes to a time in the future (up to October) free of any charges.

https://www.sas.no/traffic-information/message/

Yes, for flights affected by Irma. Did the poster you're replying to have a flight between 06 Sept and 17 Sept, with a ticket number beginning with 117?

Since they live in The Villages and are going on a Caribbean cruise in November, I'm guessing not.

As already stated, a third party can add cancellation fees, even if the airline doesn't.

Edited by 6rugrats

Yes, for flights affected by Irma. Did the poster you're replying to have a flight between 06 Sept and 17 Sept, with a ticket number beginning with 117?

Since they live in The Villages and are going on a Caribbean cruise in November, I'm guessing not.

As already stated, a third party can add cancellation fees, even if the airline doesn't.

We had to cancel our sailing on the Vision of the Seas August 22, 2017 because of surgery not a hurricane.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

My apologies, given it was posted into a thread titled "Refunds in a Hurricane?" I assumed it was related to a Hurricane.

The numbers that start the ticket correspond to the airline the issued the ticket. So 117 corresponds to all tickets issued by Scandinavian airlines systems (SAS).

My apologies, given it was posted into a thread titled "Refunds in a Hurricane?" I assumed it was related to a Hurricane.

The numbers that start the ticket correspond to the airline the issued the ticket. So 117 corresponds to all tickets issued by Scandinavian airlines systems (SAS).

Sorry to cause confusion, I was referring to penalties from Eccl.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Forums mobile app

Didn't you have travel insurance that would have reimbursed you for the cancellation fee?

Unfortunately the agent did not put it on with Deposit like we asked and I had pre-existing with a lot of complications. My hubby was overwhelmed and said forget it. But thank you for the suggestions. Now on to our Nov12 th cruise on the Eclipse,Lord willing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Forums mobile app