Thomas Keller on shore restaurant experience!!

pater15

My wife and I have been on 20+ Seabourn cruises. Lived through the Charlie Palmer days, good, but not great. When SB announced that they were teaming up with Thomas Keller, I was intrigued. I had heard of him, but had never been to one of his restaurants. We have always felt that SB has the most talented Chef's on the sea and didn't need much help. Thus the reason we are SB cruiser's.

I am not sure which ship we were on, but our server convinced me to try the Black Truffle crusted Foie Gras, amazing!! Every since we have made it a point to be in the MD room on the nights that they offer TK selections. Furthermore, we have enjoyed the TK restaurant addition to the ship, especially the Encore.

My wife and I were in NYC this past weekend and thought it would be fun to go to TK's restaurant Per Se. We could not get a dinner, but were able to get a Sunday lunch reservation. It was a 10-12 course tasting menu. I am not going to get into the menu, I think it changes daily, but it was fantastic.

Now to the point of this thread. We like most SB passengers like to engage in conversation. In talking with one of our many servers we told them we had enjoyed his addition to SB. I am sure this great staff treats everyone well, but from that point on we were treated like a member of their family. Food was center stage, but from the Maitre D' on down they made us feel very special. I just wanted to relay to fellow SB passengers the kind of organization that SB is teaming up with to better our on board experience.

Oh, the best part is now I think I can get into the French Laundry.

Cheers..