New ships?

margbem

Here is the post from a man on board incredibly exciting news. Captain Eldering just told me that in 6 months Seabourn will announce the construction of the Legend 2, Pride 2 and Spirit 2.

I would not deduct from the names that these ships will be small. I fear they'll be at least Encore size. Or perhaps even three additional Encore Class vessels.

Personally I would wait for an official announcement, if there is ever one. I was told confidentially by a senior office a year ago about some "new" thing that never to this date has materialized, and since it has not I never said a word or posted anything about it. If SB actually came out with smaller ships to compete with Crystal, Ritz, Scenic, etc. it would be great but until such time as an official notice, I recommend not getting excited.

Personally I would wait for an official announcement, if there is ever one. I was told confidentially by a senior office a year ago about some "new" thing that never to this date has materialized, and since it has not I never said a word or posted anything about it. If SB actually came out with smaller ships to compete with Crystal, Ritz, Scenic, etc. it would be great but until such time as an official notice, I recommend not getting excited.

Agreed. But wouldn't it be fantastic if they were to build three new small ships? We loved the triplets!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Here is the post from a man on board incredibly exciting news. Captain Eldering just told me that in 6 months Seabourn will announce the construction of the Legend 2, Pride 2 and Spirit 2.

The Facebook poster recanted the story and deleted the Post. As much as many of us wish it were true, it is not.

Just seen on the Seabourn Facebook page news of the announcement in six months' time of the construction of the Legend 2, Pride 2 and Spirit 2. Anyone know anything about it?

The person posting this on Facebook has recanted the story and deleted the posting. As much as many of us wish it were true, it is not, and suspect it will never come to pass with current Seabourn management who apparently believe that bigger is better.