Has Disney cancelled due to Irma?

Reenie75

This assumes that Castaway can be "guest ready" almost immediately. Yes' date=' I know that the news reports state that the Bahamas was basically spared, but no one has been to the island yet to do an inspection (at least as far as we know).[/quote']

The Dream can sail without going to Castaway. (The Fantasy as well). They won't cancel a cruise because Castaway might be skipped. It can be skipped on cruises where there haven't been hurricanes. So that would not be an entire itinerary change - just a missed port.

Definitely. They just need to visit one foreign port. That's true of all major mass market cruise lines and cruises: As long as they're not running cruises to nowhere (no port calls) they are good with regard to the cruise contract.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Definitely--Castaway has been wiped out at least twice (and probably more times that I'm not thinking of). No, skipping CC would not result in the cancelation of a cruise, but it would be an alteration which would usually be announced in advance if known. And DCL's web site says they will post any "changes" on 9/12.

I haven't heard anything about Nassau other than general statements about "the Bahamas," which sounded reassuring.

Anxious to hear tomorrow if Port Canaveral will be opened back up and Disney Fantasy still sailing on Saturday!

I have been very hopeful! I really hope that the ocean has calmed down for now.

Also really hoping Castaway Cay will be all good towards the end of next week too.

I heard that a couple of senior level CMs weathered out the storm on one of the islands near CC and were able to return there today for an inspection--minor damage only. The Dream, with the CMs who normally live on CC aboard appears to be headed toward CC (my interpretation only). Looks like she might be planning to disembark them and perhaps other CMs to help out on the island tomorrow...and then maybe back toward PC. No word on when PC might open as far as I can find. Fantasy is still anchored off Mexico.

I heard that a couple of senior level CMs weathered out the storm on one of the islands near CC and were able to return there today for an inspection--minor damage only. The Dream' date=' with the CMs who normally live on CC aboard appears to be headed toward CC (my interpretation only). Looks like she might be planning to disembark them and perhaps other CMs to help out on the island tomorrow...and then maybe back toward PC. No word on when PC might open as far as I can find. Fantasy is still anchored off Mexico.[/quote']

the dream's destination shows up on marine traffic as gorda cay, which is castaway cay...so she is indeed headed that way..

presumably with the CMs that she picked up from there before irma...

as for CMs weathering the storm nearby - many of the CMs who live on cc are from a nearby island..

the guy who rents bicycles told us he lives on an island a few miles away and that most of them do...

the dream's destination shows up on marine traffic as gorda cay, which is castaway cay...so she is indeed headed that way..

presumably with the CMs that she picked up from there before irma...

as for CMs weathering the storm nearby - many of the CMs who live on cc are from a nearby island..

the guy who rents bicycles told us he lives on an island a few miles away and that most of them do...

There are about 60 CMs who actually live on CC. This started out as a very small number, but increased to the 60 when Disney started animal care and research programs on the island. They are supplemented on days when a ship is in port by people who live on nearby larger islands and they CMs from the ship. The excursion vendors are from nearby islands. THe difficulty with this is that they arrive by smaller boats, so if the seas are rough they may not be able to get to CC.

There are about 60 CMs who actually live on CC. This started out as a very small number' date=' but increased to the 60 when Disney started animal care and research programs on the island. They are supplemented on days when a ship is in port by people who live on nearby larger islands and they CMs from the ship. The excursion vendors are from nearby islands. THe difficulty with this is that they arrive by smaller boats, so if the seas are rough they may not be able to get to CC.[/quote']

we were just there 2 weeks ago...

the manager of the island said 120 people live there