Ho Chi Minh City Scooter Tour

meliss35

Has anyone done a scooter tour of Ho Chi Minh City? If so, did you like it and who did you use?

Tripadvisor is your friend...Google this type of tour for some current experiences and recommendations.

Using a professional in those crazy crowded streets is a must...we had to be careful just walking with our private guide. :eek:

We went to HCMC 2 years ago and did the tour on the back of scooter. Fully recommend XO tours all female drivers. We did the city tour and the foodie night tour outstanding organisation and tour - would go as far as to say one of the best tours we have ever done in the world absolutely fantastic. Recommended them to our friends in OZ and they said the same. They take photos on the tour and then email them to you afterwards you will not be disappointed

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The city is funny. When we cross the street we know they won't hit us but we've had several close calls. Keith

Appreciate these various comments and interesting follow-ups. In late January 2018, we will be doing our first visit to Southeast Asia, for Hong Kong, Bangkok, Vietnam and Cambodia, including Angkor Wat and Hue/Danang. This includes Jan. 29-Feb. 1 for Ho Chi Minh City. Understand traffic is crazy there and will be planning accordingly. Enjoying now reading and learning more. It's only about four months till we depart. Keep it coming with all of these tips and ideas for Vietnam, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 187,008 views for this posting.

We spent a month in Vietnam and loved every minute. My spouse was hesitant to go, now she wants to return. I think a scooter tour will be a fabulous experience. I think we were told that there were 7 million scooters in Hanoi, but only 4.5 were licensed. The rest were stolen/unlicensed. Many are used for commercial goods transport.

Not unusual to step out into a busy 4 -6 lane road with traffic zoomig by. The vehicles and scooters will zoom around you. If you are not sure you simply stop in your tracks. Much safer than trying to rush across. It took us 4 full days in Hanoi to get used to it. Saigon was busy but not as much as Hanoi.

In Saigon we did a visit to the war museum. Very interesting. We did a tour to the tunnel areas. Picked up the tour at a agency near our hotel. $20 USD. Four hours. It was very good. DW went down the tunnels. I could not-claustrophobia.