Family Xmas 2018 thanks to Grandma

Mknit1

I want to take my family on a cruise during Xmas season 2018. My family is 8 adults, and 5 kids ranging from 15 to two years old. I need to travel during Xmas vacation days, and would like about a four day cruise. My two sons are professional musicians so I did wonder if they could work for their passage (ha!) :D My daughter is a sign-language interpreter so she brings useful skills too. I am a retired school librarian. :) Thanks for any help.

I want to take my family on a cruise during Xmas season 2018. My family is 8 adults, and 5 kids ranging from 15 to two years old. I need to travel during Xmas vacation days, and would like about a four day cruise. My two sons are professional musicians so I did wonder if they could work for their passage (ha!) :D My daughter is a sign-language interpreter so she brings useful skills too. I am a retired school librarian. :) Thanks for any help.

A couple of notes:

(1) Book as soon as you can. That is a high volume time, as the kids are out of school.

(2) Sorry, those positions are normally contractual and they will most likely not even consider a 1 cruise contract for your kiddos.

(3) A four day cruise that covers a weekend will most likely be some sort of a booze cruise, choose your timing carefully.

(4) I hope you have a great family vacation!!

This is one of the most expensive times of year to cruise, so book early and expect to pay high prices.

Since you're a first timer and need a booking for 13 passengers, I highly recommend working with a travel agent who specializes in cruises.

Roz

In 2018, Christmas is on a Tuesday.

You are going to find it difficult to find a 4 day cruise at that time.

Many cruise lines change their itineraries to be 7 day cruises when Christmas is on a weekday.

You really need to talk to a TA in person -- not over the phone. Much to be discussed as to how many people in each family, types of cabins people want, connecting cabins, etc.

Families tend to travel with their children and the cruise lines limit the number of children in each age group. When booking an Easter cruise once I was told we couldn't because they had to many seven year olds booked on the cruise. FInd a good travel agent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Keep in mind that there are many more costs on top of the cruise fare (ticket). Taxes, port fees, gratuities, travel insurance.....drink packages..,airfare if needed....hotel if needed....parking cars at the port. I think you get the picture. Why not have them all take YOU on a cruise!!!😘

• 2 weeks later...

I usually book the next year's Christmas while onboard for Christmas, and availability isn't a big problem. Prices are higher but we've been desensitized to that over five or six years of booking cruises over the holidays. Being able to drive to the port of embarkation helps.