deck 6 junior suites

SSBN602

In general, Viking has done a very good job of soundproofing from deck to deck and the elevator lobbies tend to be quiet. Portside PS suites have cabins above them and below them while Starboard side cabins have the lanai, public restrooms and the owner's suite above them.

Has anyone stayed in the in the deck 6 junior suites? any comment on noise levels etc>sailing on the star wake of the Vikings Sept 2018, First time on Viking. Thanks for any comments.

SSBN602, We have stayed in one of Deck 6 Penthouse Junior Suite starboard side cabins on a previous cruise and found that it was wonderful. No problems with noise (and we were near the forward stairs and elevators). We liked it so much, that we booked the same cabins on our upcoming cruises or one just like it on the port side of the ship. They have many of the same benefits as the Explorer Suites, just proportionally smaller (400 + square feet vs almost 800 square feet including balconies).

By the way, is your handle indicative that you served in the Silent Service aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln? Just curious, :)

We sail on Viking Star for the first time in December, so I have no firsthand experience. However, when we were booking there were only the 2 ADA staterooms (6020 and 6021) available and our travel agent discouraged us from taking them. She listed a number of differences in the configuration, none of which I recall now but they did cause us to switch categories. I would suggest that if you don't require an ADA room and those are the only ones available that you may wish to do some research (TA/Viking) before making a decision.

SSBN602, We have stayed in one of Deck 6 Penthouse Junior Suite starboard side cabins on a previous cruise and found that it was wonderful. No problems with noise (and we were near the forward stairs and elevators). We liked it so much, that we booked the same cabins on our upcoming cruises or one just like it on the port side of the ship. They have many of the same benefits as the Explorer Suites, just proportionally smaller (400 + square feet vs almost 800 square feet including balconies).

By the way, is your handle indicative that you served in the Silent Service aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln? Just curious, :)

I was on the Lincoln 68 to 72/ 9 patrols

We sail on Viking Star for the first time in December, so I have no firsthand experience. However, when we were booking there were only the 2 ADA staterooms (6020 and 6021) available and our travel agent discouraged us from taking them. She listed a number of differences in the configuration, none of which I recall now but they did cause us to switch categories. I would suggest that if you don't require an ADA room and those are the only ones available that you may wish to do some research (TA/Viking) before making a decision.
I have 6018 which is not ,I am assuming the ada are different becaus

was it because they were ADA , my booking is not one of them

thanks for asking were you on subs? /looking forward to this cruise may bring back memories from a different perspective

SSBN602, Thank you for your service back during the Viet Nam War era. During some that period (1968 - 70), I was serving my time in an Army aviation unit in the frozen wastelands of Alaska.

Cabin 6018 (port side) is the counterpart to Cabin 6019 (starboard side). We have stayed in 6019 before and have booked it again on the Viking Sea. On another future cruise (again on the Viking Sea) we have booked 6018. Information about the ADA cabins 60120 and 6022 really doesn't apply to your inquiry. However, they are next door to the cabins we both will be occupying on our respective cruises.