Things to do in Honolulu after 3pm?

Brooke71991

I will be docked in Honolulu from 9am til 11pm. I am going to be at pearl harbor until 3pm, but I am unsure as to what to do after that time. Some people have suggested Germaine's Luau, but I am already doing a Luau in Maui the previous day. I just am unsure of what else there is to do that late. Thank in advance!

I will be docked in Honolulu from 9am til 11pm. I am going to be at pearl harbor until 3pm, but I am unsure as to what to do after that time. Some people have suggested Germaine's Luau, but I am already doing a Luau in Maui the previous day. I just am unsure of what else there is to do that late. Thank in advance!

Forget the Luau.

Consider Duke's or Roy's in Waikiki for a evening dinner.

I recommend trying the bar and grill on the beach at royal Hawaiian and enjoy the sunset before heading back to ship. Drinks are expensive as the four of us ran up a 150 bar tab

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds interesting. I might have to try that.

Definitely NOT Germaine's.

Go into Waikiki and walk around a bit. It is worth going into the Moana and Royal Hawaiian hotels for a look around. It is also worth it to pop into the new International Market Place.

Then go for cocktails at the House Without A Key at Halekulani Hotel. If you want a nice meal after you can eat at Orchids, also at Halekulani. The video below, although it has some cheesy production values, does give a very good idea of the atmosphere and entertainment at the House Without A Key.

Ala Moana Mall is also worth a visit, especially the Japan Village Walk in the Shirokiya department store.

Your welcome; I've not done it yet myself, but a friend did it and really liked it and the view over Waikiki Beach is absolutly amazing from the photos I've seen. If the weather is okay I will do it for sure on my visit of Oahu this November (I will be there for Thanksgiving Day).

And I said 4.30 pm, because that's the last option for entry the park, as everyone has to be out by 6 pm.

We aren't hikers by any means and the hike to top was no big deal. You have two options one is steeper steps and come up thru a relatively small opening or walk around the south side but it is longer to top. It's well worth it for view. Btw we took the hike on thanksgiving day 2014. It was overcast as it is the rainy season but don't let that stop you onyx007.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recommend trying the bar and grill on the beach at royal Hawaiian and enjoy the sunset before heading back to ship. Drinks are expensive as the four of us ran up a 150 bar tab

YES!!! That's our plan exactly - a morning tour to the North Shore, then take a cab to the "Pink Palace" (where we spent our honeymoon long ago) for a Mai Tai and pupus.

The last time we were there, we did the Royal Hawaiian for lunch, then walked down the beach to The House Without a Key at the Halekulani, as Scottca075 mentions, for the sunset show and dinner. It made a great day - the only problem with it was getting access to the Halekulani from the beach - they don't really want people wandering in from the sand. We waited near the pool until someone came out the gate, then grabbed the door and went in.