Sold Out Cruises !

Rosee

Now when it comes to Princess v Celebrity, I've only done one Celebrity cruise so far but rate them pretty much even on most things.

We liked the sandwich station, the fresh made ice cream and the aqua soa cafe on Celebrity.

Probably their biggest downfall is the US$ thing (especially when the Aus$ is weak) and their somewhat limited offerings Downunder.

Hoping to try Solstice in a few weeks to see what everyone raves about.

As for Celebrity vs Princess, I find them variable between ships. Generally I prefer the Princess experience now (which is the reverse of years ago) as Princess don't seem to have gone in for the race to the bottom as much as Celebrity. My last Celebrity experience a few months back was disappointing onboard, particularly the food, and that was echoed by many regular cruisers on the same cruise (though of course some loved it).

But the experience is so different between ships, and that it changes so frequently that unless you're sailing every month or two it's hard to get a true read on what they are generally like. Individual experiences can be quite variable.

A lot of the aspects of cruising is subjective as well.

Agreed - although I am still to reach the elevated status of 'mere novice' at cruising ... There are many subjective views that dissuade me from booking with a given cruise line; but, on a positive note, the things that generate customer loyalty from me to the cruiseline are often quite difficult to describe - it's that 'This just feels comfortable and right - this is me'. Often, it comes down to just feeling at home when we arrive onboard - silly grin appears, shoulders relax, and a quick 180 degree view from left to right shoulder to spot the familiar - and that's the holiday underway!

Agreed - although I am still to reach the elevated status of 'mere novice' at cruising ... There are many subjective views that dissuade me from booking with a given cruise line; but, on a positive note, the things that generate customer loyalty from me to the cruiseline are often quite difficult to describe - it's that 'This just feels comfortable and right - this is me'. Often, it comes down to just feeling at home when we arrive onboard - silly grin appears, shoulders relax, and a quick 180 degree view from left to right shoulder to spot the familiar - and that's the holiday underway!

That is so right.

• 3 weeks later...
Am I being naive ?

Can anyone else believe that ALL cabins, in ALL categories, on ALL of the next FOUR cruises from Fremantle to Sydney are completely SOLD OUT !!!

These cruises sail between 19 October 2017 (can believe that one) to 23 March 2019, with two in 2018.

What is going on here Princess?

I rang Princess to check and the operator said that the cruises out of Fremantle sell out quickly......but I cannot believe they already have something like 10,000 bookings already made for those cruises.

What do other members think ?

Sorry for the capital letters, but I am infuriated that my holiday over to Fremantle cannot be booked because I cannot get a cruise home to Sydney. :evilsmile:

Rosee

Last year we wanted to book a cruise on Voyager of the Seas but it returned as SOLD out. After 2 weeks of checking we booked on Oasis of the Seas. The day after paying the deposit cabins in all categories became available on Voyager. Most annoying :mad:

Me too, the only things I think Princess does better than X is Pizza and shareholder OBC.

I prefer the choice of inside bars on Princess, there is always at least one, like the Wheelhouse Bar, that is away from the Atrium (which can get noisy at times) and that has a nice ambience. We also love the Sanctuary on Princess.

I've noticed that Princess cruises sometimes show as sold out for a couple of days, then bookings open up again. Not sure whether this is linked to pricing changes for that particular cruise but I think it might be in some cases.

As for Celebrity vs Princess, I find them variable between ships. Generally I prefer the Princess experience now (which is the reverse of years ago) as Princess don't seem to have gone in for the race to the bottom as much as Celebrity. My last Celebrity experience a few months back was disappointing onboard, particularly the food, and that was echoed by many regular cruisers on the same cruise (though of course some loved it).

But the experience is so different between ships, and that it changes so frequently that unless you're sailing every month or two it's hard to get a true read on what they are generally like. Individual experiences can be quite variable.

We did our first Solstice cruise in December 2015 and thought Princess was better for food, then we did another Solstice cruise last February and the food was better at dinner on Solstice (but Princess is still better for breakfast and lunch). We're happy cruising on either line. We tend to cruise on Princess more as they operate from Australia all year round plus they have the AUD onboard cost advantage but we enjoy Celebrity occasionally. It's nice to have a change. However on some cruises (ie NZ) Princess is starting to get expensive compared with Celebrity - especially when you include drinks costs that are a perk on Celebrity.

Am I being naive ?

Can anyone else believe that ALL cabins, in ALL categories, on ALL of the next FOUR cruises from Fremantle to Sydney are completely SOLD OUT !!!

These cruises sail between 19 October 2017 (can believe that one) to 23 March 2019, with two in 2018.

What is going on here Princess?

I rang Princess to check and the operator said that the cruises out of Fremantle sell out quickly......but I cannot believe they already have something like 10,000 bookings already made for those cruises.

What do other members think ?

Sorry for the capital letters, but I am infuriated that my holiday over to Fremantle cannot be booked because I cannot get a cruise home to Sydney. :evilsmile:

Rosee

A Perth Travel agent has a number of cabins on Ovation of the Seas on cruise from Singapore to Sydney next October and have advertised a segment Perth to Sydney (then on to NZ & back to Sydney if you want) if you are interested in another line. I think it was about $1599. (last Saturdays paper has now been recycled). Can't name the travel agent, but its the name of a suburb bordered by Canning Hway to the west of Attadale. Discovered on a Sea Princess cruise that I arrived back in Perth on today that going around Cape Naturaliste towards Albany is often quite a rough bit of ocean though.