Sailing on the Dream 9-15

jrbeccles

My DW and I are taking off on the Disney Dream this Friday9/15. I will be interested to see how many people are on board. We live near Orlandoand have a full tank of gas so we will be fine, but what about folks who haveto fly in or drive from some distance? I’massuming the Dream won’t have any problem with restocking supplies and fuel (I’llbe annoyed if they run out of prosecco!) Hope Castaway Cay will be up andrunning but it’s no big deal to us – a three day non stop cruise would be findto get over the Hurricane Irma jitters. I’ll post a quick update on the cruisewhen I get back

My DW and I are taking off on the Disney Dream this Friday9/15. I will be interested to see how many people are on board. We live near Orlandoand have a full tank of gas so we will be fine, but what about folks who haveto fly in or drive from some distance? I’massuming the Dream won’t have any problem with restocking supplies and fuel (I’llbe annoyed if they run out of prosecco!) Hope Castaway Cay will be up andrunning but it’s no big deal to us – a three day non stop cruise would be findto get over the Hurricane Irma jitters. I’ll post a quick update on the cruisewhen I get back

Well, I doubt that you'd get a cruise with no port stops (it's not legal any longer), so you'll stop somewhere.

The reports from Nassau are that there was little or no damage and the major resorts were open with beach chairs in place on the day after the storm. The limited information from Castaway Cay is that damage there was minimal. The CMs who were evacuated from Castaway Cay have been returned to the island. My guess is that you'll have your regularly scheduled cruise with the planned ports.

Just a quick update on our Dream cruise 9/15. It was great!Staff were well rested, and very happy to have passengers back on board. The ship was immaculate since crew had 7 offdays to clean. We were on the ship and IN our cabins by 11am, which has to be a record. Didn’t get off the ship at Nassau but no adverse reports from those who did. Castaway Cay was beautiful with warm waters and no damage from the storm. It was fun to see the Fantasy in portwhen we boarded.

Same old menus and shows (Disney please change these at least once a decade) but waiters were wonderful. All in all a great getaway!!