Did anyone use or knows anything about "Flights mojo " ?

wieslaw

Hi ,

I am looking for flights to Europe ( for a cruise in April 2018)

I have seen advertisement for Flights mojo, and I did price some flights on their web site. The prices were so much lower than on any other web site selling airl I tried to google that company to find some comments from others that used them. I only found one and it is a very negative one.

Does any one know anything about them ?

I hope that I am not breaking any CC rules by asking this question. It is not a company selling cruises just air.

I also used the 'search' for this forum with no results.

Thank you for any feed back

I'll start off with one fact....the address listed on their website is for a mail-box facility and is not an office of any kind.

Google Maps Street View LINK HERE

Next, from their T&C: "Please note that, All of our airline tickets, hotels, pre-paid car rentals, vacation packages and service fees are non-refundable, non-endorsable and non-changeable."

That non-endorsable part is significant...you are stuck with that airline, routing and flight numbers. If your flight goes mechanical, too bad.

Also, there are a bunch of typos on the website including "ASTA Ceritified".

But, if all you care is getting "the deal".....

Simple rule of thumb - if an airline ticket is priced significantly less than what you could purchase it from the airline directly, it is almost always not the same ticket. Could be same flights, but not the same ticket. And there is a difference - it doesn't mean the same thing. Those discount tickets usually come with significant restrictions and fare rules. And unless you know the fare rules before you purchase, it's a pig in a poke.

I don't know how people find these crazy sites. Anyone can set up a webpage, write a bunch of fake reviews and claim whatever they want. I tried pricing out a flight on this site, and I couldn't even get it to work.

These sites don't have live pricing. Usually, they'll come back after they take your payment and tell you the price on your flight has gone up.

Save yourself time, money and aggravation and book directly with the airline.

• 5 years later...

This company is definitely a scam. I booked 2 tickets for a total of around $400. I received the confirmation email, and then shortly after received a phone call stating that price is actually no longer available (after I'd already received the confirmation) and that I now needed to pay $800 and owed them more money. I told them that is double the price and to cancel my order. Next day I get a phone call saying I needed to confirm my flight details and when I said I wanted to cancel, I was told I owed them a cancellation fee. I said I had paid insurance to cancel, which they denied. I told them I had proof in my confirmation email, and then they conceded but still said I owed a fee. 

Upon further research I found this is a scam and left a negative review. Immediately I received a phone call from the company asking me to take down the review, and they would waive the cancellation fee (which I already paid in my initial purchase!). The person was insistent and rude, and tried to pressure me. I ultimately hung up.

Tonight at 8pm I received a phone call from the company. Since it was late and I recognized the number, I did not answer. They then called 4 times back to back, without leaving a voicemail. I have a feeling they will be calling me again.... Definitely a bait and switch scam. 

22 hours ago, Kg1231 said:

This company is definitely a scam. I booked 2 tickets for a total of around $400. I received the confirmation email, and then shortly after received a phone call stating that price is actually no longer available (after I'd already received the confirmation) and that I now needed to pay $800 and owed them more money. I told them that is double the price and to cancel my order. Next day I get a phone call saying I needed to confirm my flight details and when I said I wanted to cancel, I was told I owed them a cancellation fee. I said I had paid insurance to cancel, which they denied. I told them I had proof in my confirmation email, and then they conceded but still said I owed a fee. 

Upon further research I found this is a scam and left a negative review. Immediately I received a phone call from the company asking me to take down the review, and they would waive the cancellation fee (which I already paid in my initial purchase!). The person was insistent and rude, and tried to pressure me. I ultimately hung up.

Tonight at 8pm I received a phone call from the company. Since it was late and I recognized the number, I did not answer. They then called 4 times back to back, without leaving a voicemail. I have a feeling they will be calling me again.... Definitely a bait and switch scam. 

Did you dispute the charges with your credit card company.   In addition to getting your $400 back, If that happens enough the credit card processors will drop them as a retailer.

Edited by em-sk