Trouble working with Viking cruises!!!

Bverdin

We already took a Viking cruise in Russia. So we booked a cruise to Havana, Belize, Key West and Cancun. I booked it almost a year out. I made it clear when booking that we would not do a red eye to get there, we are too old for that anymore! 4 months out from the cruise we were notified that the itinerary had changed. We wouldn't go to Havana but Cienfuegos. We also wouldn't go to Belize or Cancun. (Belize was half of why we booked this trip!). I called in to find out more, and they just said they would give us some shipboard credit, and another outing. I wanted my money back, and they said no way, unless they kept $1500 of our money. So we decided to stick it out. Then a couple of weeks later, we were notified that because of the itinerary change, we would have to take a red eye. I said, no way, we had established that a year ago. I finally suggested we fly in a day early, which they would do, but then I said they should pay for our hotel, since they created this problem. They absolutely refused! After arguing with many different people, I was finally told I could have my money back, but ONLY if I emailed them before 5 pm that day! Really? So, I did, and I am now done with Viking!

On our Russia trip I had made arrangements to surprise my husband, b/c it was for our 40th anniversary. That never happened. It got forgotten. When we were in the upstairs bar, I requested a glass of water. They charged me for it!!! It was unbelievable. (If I went down two flights by the restaurant, there was water and glasses out front!) When we came home, I called Viking to discuss this. They offered more shipboard credits. Obviously, now I will have nothing for my trouble!

The Russia trip was nice, and well done, but the problems and the difficulty dealing with them, make it not worth the high prices they charge!

You need help now. Contact the folks at Tellus@vikingcruises.com. Tell them your problem. Along with your name, give them your booking number and a telephone number and ask them to call you. I didn't even read the details of your problem, but I know that they are the people to contact if you have any issues.

Dear Bverdin,

As a return guest, we sincerely regret to learn of your disappointment, as well any associated frustration due to the itinerary change.

Moreover, although your overall experience on the Russia sailing was enjoyable, we’re sorry to hear that some aspects of the trip fell below expectations.

While we understand you have been in contact with us recently, if you’re interested, we’d appreciate the opportunity to take a look at this matter again and further address your concerns.

Accordingly, and as Peregrina651 suggested, we invite you to reach out to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so we may have a seasoned Viking Agent contact you.

We look forward to having a conversation, Bvedrin, and hope to speak to you soon.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

We already took a Viking cruise in Russia. So we booked a cruise to Havana, Belize, Key West and Cancun. I booked it almost a year out. I made it clear when booking that we would not do a red eye to get there, we are too old for that anymore! 4 months out from the cruise we were notified that the itinerary had changed. We wouldn't go to Havana but Cienfuegos. We also wouldn't go to Belize or Cancun. (Belize was half of why we booked this trip!). I called in to find out more, and they just said they would give us some shipboard credit, and another outing. I wanted my money back, and they said no way, unless they kept $1500 of our money. So we decided to stick it out. Then a couple of weeks later, we were notified that because of the itinerary change, we would have to take a red eye. I said, no way, we had established that a year ago. I finally suggested we fly in a day early, which they would do, but then I said they should pay for our hotel, since they created this problem. They absolutely refused! After arguing with many different people, I was finally told I could have my money back, but ONLY if I emailed them before 5 pm that day! Really? So, I did, and I am now done with Viking!

On our Russia trip I had made arrangements to surprise my husband, b/c it was for our 40th anniversary. That never happened. It got forgotten. When we were in the upstairs bar, I requested a glass of water. They charged me for it!!! It was unbelievable. (If I went down two flights by the restaurant, there was water and glasses out front!) When we came home, I called Viking to discuss this. They offered more shipboard credits. Obviously, now I will have nothing for my trouble!

The Russia trip was nice, and well done, but the problems and the difficulty dealing with them, make it not worth the high prices they charge!

We are booked on that same cruise and we had the same issue with the red-eye flight including 3-hour layover in the wee hours, so we bought the pre-cruise pkg. This is our first experience with Viking and I can already say I will NEVER do business with them again. We are seasoned travelers (70 countries, 25 cruises), so we know how things are supposed to be done. And Viking Ocean misses the mark!

This is very disappointing to read. While most regular cruisers have had to deal with itinerary changes occasionally, surely it is not too much to ask for a sympathetic hearing when contacting Customer Services for advice and clarification.

Hopefully the OP will now be assisted if he re- contacts Viking

We're booked on the West Indies cruise next January, and are waiting to see what Viking does, since nearly every island on the itinerary has been badly damaged by the hurricanes. If they change the itinerary to islands we've already visited, they better let us cancel.

We're booked on the West Indies cruise next January, and are waiting to see what Viking does, since nearly every island on the itinerary has been badly damaged by the hurricanes. If they change the itinerary to islands we've already visited, they better let us cancel.

Cruise lines can always change their itinerary even without hurricanes. It is in the booking documents of every cruise I have ever taken.

If you do not want to see other islands then I would cancel now.

There is a Cat 5 hurricane bearing down on St. Croix and then PR today. The season has over another month to go, and already there are 7 named storms.

Edited by Azulann

Dear Indigosails,

We’re sorry to learn that, like Bverdin, you’ve encountered a bit of disappointment with your Viking Air flight arrangements.

Just as we suggested in our previous response on this thread, we encourage you to contact us directly with your booking information at TellUs@VikingCruises.com so that we can arrange a phone call with you to discuss a resolution.

Hope to hear from you, Indigosails, and look forward to cruising with you soon.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

We are booked on that same cruise and we had the same issue with the red-eye flight including 3-hour layover in the wee hours, so we bought the pre-cruise pkg. This is our first experience with Viking and I can already say I will NEVER do business with them again. We are seasoned travelers (70 countries, 25 cruises), so we know how things are supposed to be done. And Viking Ocean misses the mark!