Secret Sands Beach Getaway

clbkatz

I am taking my first Disney cruise in December. I have cruise all of the other lines, extensively so I am very familiar with cruising. I wanted to experience a Disney cruise which is why I decided to do this cruise. I know past guests have access to book shore excursions and other things ahead of time. The day the tours etc. opened up I went on to book my tours and the one tour I wanted in St. Thomas was already sold out along with several of the on board experiences (like rum tastings etc) that we can pre-book! This is one thing I am not crazy about with Disney. I know after this I will not be a 1st timer any more but I think about other people and it just doesn't seems right. I have never not got a tour I wanted with any other cruise line.

My question is do I have a chance of this tour opening up again? Or any of the on board experiences?

If the tour doesn't open, can I take a taxi to this beach, does anyone know the cost and how far it is from the ship?

Thank you in advance for your replies. They are greatly appreciated!

I am taking my first Disney cruise in December. I have cruise all of the other lines, extensively so I am very familiar with cruising. I wanted to experience a Disney cruise which is why I decided to do this cruise. I know past guests have access to book shore excursions and other things ahead of time. The day the tours etc. opened up I went on to book my tours and the one tour I wanted in St. Thomas was already sold out along with several of the on board experiences (like rum tastings etc) that we can pre-book! This is one thing I am not crazy about with Disney. I know after this I will not be a 1st timer any more but I think about other people and it just doesn't seems right. I have never not got a tour I wanted with any other cruise line.

My question is do I have a chance of this tour opening up again? Or any of the on board experiences?

If the tour doesn't open, can I take a taxi to this beach, does anyone know the cost and how far it is from the ship?

Thank you in advance for your replies. They are greatly appreciated!

One thing about DCL and excursions that makes them "sell out" quickly, is that you don't pay for them when you make the reservation (unlike other cruise lines). This means people book excursions "just in case" a lot. I suggest you keep checking. All the way up to 3 days prior, people cancel things, since the penalty period starts then.

If nothing opens up, check once onboard for a wait list (or, possibly, an added departure time for the excursion). Also, there often seems to be some availablity onboard for the tastings. Just check the Navigator you get in the terminal for where/when to check on that.

It is about a 30 minute drive out to there but we took the excursion well worth the trip excellent beach and as a added bonus there were rum cocktails included which were not advertised on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums