Chief's Luau and Sea Life Park question

huskerdan25

Hi everyone. My wife and I will be on the Grand Princess on a 15-day Hawaii cruise out of SF in January 2018. We will be stopping in Honolulu on Sunday, January 28 and are in port from 7am - 11pm. We really want to do a luau as it has been 20 years since we went to the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui when we did an 8 day stay on Maui. I have read that Chief's Luau is highly recommended on Oahu and I have some questions that hopefully some of you can answer.

1) Chief's Luau provides transportation from Waikiki area hotels. Do you know if any of these hotels are relatively close to the cruise port? Would it be a simple taxi ride from the cruise port to get to one of the hotels to be picked up by Chief's Luau's transporation?

2) Has anyone done the combo that includes the luau and time at the Sea Life Park and if so, is the Sea Life Park worth going to? We have been to Sea World in both Orlando and San Diego. Would this park be similar in shows and activities? Is it worth going to as part of this combo in your opinion?

3) Since the luau seems to be finished by around 8:30p, seems that we would have plenty of time to take their transportation back to a Waikiki area hotel and a taxi back to the cruise port in time for our 11pm departure. Do you agree?

Thanks for your input and answers to these questions in advance. This seems like a viable option for us for our day in Honolulu.

We are booked with them for Carnival Miracles December 2nd cruise.

Their website says they provide a shuttle for $16 per person and that they do pick up at two cruise ship piers at 3:30.

I don't see that they have an earlier shuttle that would give folks time at the Sealife Park.

For us, since we have four people attending, which is than $64 for the shuttle, we will use a shuttle service other than theirs or a taxi. We are also just considering to rent a car for our transportation.

This is all I know from my research, not real experience.

This is their phone number: 877-357-2480

Dan

Hi everyone. My wife and I will be on the Grand Princess on a 15-day Hawaii cruise out of SF in January 2018. We will be stopping in Honolulu on Sunday, January 28 and are in port from 7am - 11pm. We really want to do a luau as it has been 20 years since we went to the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui when we did an 8 day stay on Maui. I have read that Chief's Luau is highly recommended on Oahu and I have some questions that hopefully some of you can answer.

We hope that you realize all luaus are not created equal. Do not go expecting that you will see something like the Old Lahaina Luau.

1) Chief's Luau provides transportation from Waikiki area hotels. Do you know if any of these hotels are relatively close to the cruise port? Would it be a simple taxi ride from the cruise port to get to one of the hotels to be picked up by Chief's Luau's transporation?

2) Has anyone done the combo that includes the luau and time at the Sea Life Park and if so, is the Sea Life Park worth going to? We have been to Sea World in both Orlando and San Diego. Would this park be similar in shows and activities? Is it worth going to as part of this combo in your opinion?

3) Since the luau seems to be finished by around 8:30p, seems that we would have plenty of time to take their transportation back to a Waikiki area hotel and a taxi back to the cruise port in time for our 11pm departure. Do you agree?

Thanks for your input and answers to these questions in advance. This seems like a viable option for us for our day in Honolulu.

They do offer a combo where they pick you up at a local hotel and a return to your hotel, I have not used it but from my research it shows that the time for pickup and returns takes about 50 minutes so I am thinking that you should be fine to get back to your cruise port for the 11pm departure time!! I have also been to Old Lahaina Luau before and we booked this one for this trip. We are not expecting this one to rival it by any means, but are hoping that our granddaughter will enjoy the park before hand and get a taste of what a luau is like. When we were in Hawaii last time we flew back to Maui at the end of our trip for an additional week so we could enjoy the luau we wanted to go to. This time we are taking our daughter, SIL and granddaughter and are more limited with time and we will be going to more child friendly activities so Chief's luau and the Park are on our list :cool: