Crystal Mozart -- Wider Yacht Experience

njguy_south

The Mozart is a beautiful boat and the Crystal experience is wonderful as is the experience on their ocean ships. My only other European river cruise was many years ago (1973) on the Rhine on a line that no longer does river cruises (KD). This was before river cruising became popular and the rivers became loaded with cruise boats! I loved everything about my Mozart experience. If you have specific questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Patty

There are a couple of dozen threads on this forum about Crystal Mozart, including some reviews from passengers. Use the "Search Forum" tool at the top of the main River Cruising page and simply enter the search term "Mozart" to find them.

There is a misunderstanding in the first two responses here. The Mozart is one of the widest river vessels on the Danube. However, the Op really means this:-

"Crystal’s river yachts will have their own Italian-made, 32-foot Wider speedboats"

This are new for this year I think. Crystal did refer to them in the original hype, sorry advertising but it was one of the "toys" that did not materialise on the Mozart last year. It was mention in passing but not really missed and put down to one of those "Edie over-selling" hype facts. I did not see this on the Mozart last year but then it was too cold for an open air river cruise given it was winter.

We are booked on a champagne excursion with champagne butler on one in Budapest as well in September.

Are you sure you want to go on the open air river cruise on 1 January 2018 in the middle of winter. Average temperature is 30 F. Warp up warmly.

Compensates for the fact that they cannot bring the submarine to the Danube!:p

Edited by JohnKen3

Compensates for the fact that they cannot bring the submarine to the Danube!:p

Thanks for the clarification about the Wider Yacht. Clearly something that my income would need one or two extra zeroes to understand! :) Well, since they can't use the submarine on the Danube, maybe they should try the Elbe -- apparently surface ships can't sail there, so maybe a submarine could tunnel through! ;p

I am sailing on the Mozart on August 13th and will report back with anything I can find out about the Wider Boat experience.

I do know on our cruise that they are not doing the evening trip on the Wider but instead will be having an evening champagne party onboard and sailing up and down the river so we can see the city at night.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask as information and reviews for the Mozart are limited!

JohnKen3 your review and blog were brilliant and so helpful.

Kim

• 2 months later...

Here are some photos of the Crystal Mozart II. It is very classy boys' toy. And you get to help drive it if you wish.

b4e09bd7433345e1cc8777714f3a1754.jpge3707218b00e0c8276f74333da72a7e8.jpgbd6cff50ed510bcdb8162c3d0deb06ef.jpga742b7faa41127dccf4c245d88618a8e.jpg

The boat is stored at the back of the Crystal Mozart (where the Blue restaurant is) next to the winching crane.

f3f0911f55c2f99631cd7fbd8aecb225.jpg

The crane that lowers the boat into the water

c77158d5181e945ad36cdab92434c943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JohnKen3

I must look back at my photographs from September 2016 because that boat looks different to the one that the Mozart was carrying when I was onboard. I'm pretty sure it wasn't painted in the Crystal livery and I don't remember the black canopy - although I should remember what it looked like as it was tied up outside my stateroom window when they had it in the water in Budapest!!!

Anne...