Room service question

DianetheCruiser

If we choose to order room service during dinner dining hours, is free wine or beer included if we want it?

Yes. At lunch too!

Our first Viking Ocean cruise is coming up, so this interests me! To clarify, are you saying that room service will deliver the "included" wine or beer to your room along with your food order?

Maybe someone who is on board now or leaving soon will take a moment to photograph the menu and post it here (or a link to it).

Room Service menu is on first post in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198689

Breakfast Room Service menu is on post #13

Thread is from 2015, have not seen anything more recent

Room Service menu is on first post in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198689

Breakfast Room Service menu is on post #13

Thread is from 2015, have not seen anything more recent

Good searching! Thanks.

Hopefully someone will come up with a more recent menu for us to double check, but in the mean time, it gives us an idea of what to expect. Viking is always tweaking the details.

Ignore what it says there about the Chef's Table menu changing every 9 days. They have changed that and it now changes every 3 days (and day 1 of your cruise may not be day 1 of the cycle).

• 2 weeks later...
What type of food is on the room service menu?

We used room service only for breakfast and it was great! You will get a card with breakfast choices each night. Mark your choices (I actually wrote tomato juice because they had V8 and I got yummy tomato juice. I believe you could write your choice for anything), select time and put outside on the door handle. They will bring your breakfast on time. Breakfast choices: usual stuff yogurt (quite large), all kind of eggs, omelet, bacon, hash browns, coffee, tea, croissants!!!(if you cruise on Star, their room service croissants are fantastic! Light and flaky and big..um-um :))

Plus they have cheese plate, gravlax, etc. All these is beautifully presented and served.

Out of 14 mornings we had 10 or 11 room service breakfasts

I am cruising Oct 29th, coming up soon,

I will be taking photos of all the menus etc and will

share them on the forum :)

Look forward to your posting of the menus.

My friend did the Homeland cruise last year, and they even ate dinner in their cabin through room service.

I have eaten breakfast and had afternoon room service at sailaway time on my previous cruises, but never have eaten dinner in cabin.

Maybe this time we will try it too.

Hi,

How do the serve the room service food? Do they just bring a tray or do the have the tables on wheels with cloths on ? It's just that we find that with trays one usually sits at the dressing table and the other does the best they can which isn't an ideal way to eat an evening meal.

Hi,

How do the serve the room service food? Do they just bring a tray or do the have the tables on wheels with cloths on ? It's just that we find that with trays one usually sits at the dressing table and the other does the best they can which isn't an ideal way to eat an evening meal.

They do bring a tray. They will set it up anywhere you want. We had PH veranda so it was nicely served on the coffee table. My understanding is and sorry if I'm wrong that you could ask them to put everything on the dressing table buffet style and have a plate on coffee table even in DV, right?

I have a room service menu from Barcelona the Baltics and Beyond this year April/May. I don't know how to post pictures. I took a picture of it. If somebody wants to give me their email address I'll be happy to email it to you so that you can post it. My email is dobiev at comcast dot net.

They do bring a tray. They will set it up anywhere you want. We had PH veranda so it was nicely served on the coffee table. My understanding is and sorry if I'm wrong that you could ask them to put everything on the dressing table buffet style and have a plate on coffee table even in DV, right?

Pity it's not a trolley table. We have been a bit spoiled recently. We are back to a hotel in Cyprus soon where they bring a trolley with drop leaf sides that opens to a good sized table with white table cloths and flowers. We were able to eat a fantastic meal looking out at our sea view.

Oh well, never mind.

Pity it's not a trolley table. We have been a bit spoiled recently. We are back to a hotel in Cyprus soon where they bring a trolley with drop leaf sides that opens to a good sized table with white table cloths and flowers. We were able to eat a fantastic meal looking out at our sea view.

Oh well, never mind.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's easier to have a number of trolleys with drop leaf sides at the hotel than on the ship, right? ;)

So very true....I sure don't want Viking to take away any the cozy spots for passengers to curl up with a great book, soak in the sunshine, gaze about, listen to a wonderful classical trio, sip the perfect Cosmo in the Explorers' Lounge in order to store some trolleys!

So very true....I sure don't want Viking to take away any the cozy spots for passengers to curl up with a great book, soak in the sunshine, gaze about, listen to a wonderful classical trio, sip the perfect Cosmo in the Explorers' Lounge in order to store some trolleys!

More likely they would be stored in the service areas on each deck. You know, where they put the inside cabins on other ships.

The heck with room service if I can get the PERFECT COSMO in the Explorers' Lounge.:hearteyes:

Somebody emailed me this morning at 6:30 asking for the room service menu saying they were sailing in a couple of weeks. I sent it and asked them to post it here since I don't know how. I also asked if they would tell me that they received my email. They did neither so maybe for some reason they didn't get it. But I still have the picture of the menu if someone knows how to post it.