What is the closest hotel to the cruise ship terminal at Circular Quay Sydney?

FunforGin

..and on that note, as I am trying to retain my Gold Accor status, does anyone know which would be the closest Accor hotel to Circular Quay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want closest, I think Pullman Quay Grand will be, if you get a harbour view, it will have an amazing view of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello all,

I would like your input on the options I have. I have a reservation at the The Rocks Holiday Inn and at the The InterContinental for one night before my January cruise. Both are booked with points. Is it better to be close to the port or a few blocks further to be in a much better hotel? One other thing to consider is that I usually am upgraded to the club level at the InterContinental with my status...free breakfast and snacks for the day.

As for the Grand Hyatt, I have 2 nights post cruise there. I singed up for their credit card when I found out that I was visiting Sydney. They offer 2 free nights at any property in the world as the bonus. Worked out to be about a $2K bonus.

Thank you in advance.

Hello all,

I would like your input on the options I have. I have a reservation at the The Rocks Holiday Inn and at the The InterContinental for one night before my January cruise. Both are booked with points. Is it better to be close to the port or a few blocks further to be in a much better hotel? One other thing to consider is that I usually am upgraded to the club level at the InterContinental with my status...free breakfast and snacks for the day.

As for the Grand Hyatt, I have 2 nights post cruise there. I singed up for their credit card when I found out that I was visiting Sydney. They offer 2 free nights at any property in the world as the bonus. Worked out to be about a $2K bonus.

Thank you in advance.

I would choose The InterContinental. The benefits will make you feel like you are on holidays already. Of course, if you want to walk to the OPT with your luggage, Holiday Inn is closer.

Congratulations on great bonus with Grand Hyatt - that is an impressive bargain indeed. Enjoy!

I wonder if they have that credit card in Australia?

Hello all,

Thank you in advance.

I would choose InterContinental, it’s an amazing hotel and still well within walking distance. Might even get a view of the ship from your room!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

All the above posts recommend very decent, and some expensive hotels. There are plenty within walking distance, and anywhere in the CBD/Darling Harbour area are max 15 mins by train.

If you haven't already, check out the online booking sites, at least they will show you how close many of them are to Circular Quay, and get a feel for their prices as well. But be prepared for $300+ a day for the really nice one (okay $1000+ for the really flash), but you can get decent accommodation from $180+ if you want to stay more in the city.