Galveston? Hotel cancel!

Equisport

Hi ,

We are cruising for Christmas this year and our Galveston Hotel has cancelled (understanding the damage by Harvey !) will we struggle to book another hotel?

I'm surprised...what hotel cancelled? We're booked at Moody Gardens in two weeks and they sustained zero damage.

Well...Baymont Inn is on the list to accept FEMA vouchers after Harvey. My guess is that they bumped you so that they may accommodate long term voucher displacements. I don't believe it's because they were damaged in any way...Galveston really didn't get much damage (if any) from Harvey. I know people are actively booking Moody, Inn at the Waterpark, etc...so I don't believe you'll have an issue that far out. I know Moody isn't on the voucher list, so maybe check the list and contact hotels that aren't full of displaced residents. I know I would feel bad taking up a hotel room when someone needed it because their home was destroyed. Lots of hotels online say they require two night stay, but if you call them direct they waive that and accept your reservation.

http://www.femaevachotels.com/index.php

We had our reservation at the Days Inn Galveston cancelled in the same way for our cruise next week, with very little notice and no explanation. Fortunately we live in San Antonio and can just get up early and drive down in the morning. I am sure the displaced people need the room much worse than we do, but at least an explanation would have been nice.