Drinks included?

Sandy_Shores

Hey y'all! I'm going on my second cruise in 11 days with Royal Caribbean! My first cruise was over 10 years ago, and was with a different cruise line.

I cringe at spending money on overpriced things, so $26/day for basic beverages :eek: is not easy. What non-alcoholic beverages are included WITHOUT buying any kind of drink package? And it might seem like a silly question... but if I brought my own cup (like a steel one with lid), can I use it for the free beverages?

And, yes..you may bring your own cup, if you wish. Ice water is available at EVERY bar and eating venue, so there's little need to have water "in hand" every minute....you can get a glass whenever you're thirsty! Coffee and tea , milk and juice are avail. in all eating venues. Lemonade is usually only in the buffet.

And, yes..you may bring your own cup, if you wish. Ice water is available at EVERY bar and eating venue, so there's little need to have water "in hand" every minute....you can get a glass whenever you're thirsty! Coffee and tea , milk and juice are avail. in all eating venues. Lemonade is usually only in the buffet.

Many cruise lines ask you to fill a glass with your beverage and then pour that into your own cup rather than using your cup directly at the machine.

Yeah I knew ice water was available everywhere, but I drink so much water every day, I figure my own cup with lid would be more convenient for taking back to my stateroom and helping to keep it cold longer. Thank you for confirming that I can!! :cool:

I carry my own thermos full of ice water with cubes, around with me all day, on board and off the ship. Then I always have water, don't have to find a bar to get it. I get a glass from the buffet.

Are you saying it's $26 a day if you buy a drink package? You don't have to buy it, just order one beer or drink, not $26 worth per day.

Are you saying it's $26 a day if you buy a drink package? You don't have to buy it, just order one beer or drink, not $26 worth per day.

Yepp, and that's for the non-alcoholic package! I don't drink much beer/alcohol wise, so I'll def buy them by the drink (doubt I'll drink more than 2 or 3 the whole cruise!).

That's exactly my own experience with RCI.

Though the lemonade is pretty awful, sickly-sweet.

JB :)

Not our favorite either, though I wish the iced tea was more readily available outside of restaurants.

...Though the lemonade is pretty awful, sickly-sweet.JB :)

I agree. That's why I make my own lemonade with the fresh lemons available in the buffet or MDR.

Back to the OP question: As a rule, the included (free) drinks have to be both non-alcoholic and non-carbonated.

Juice (usually watery) at breakfast is free, but costs other times. It is better in the MDR than the buffet I think.

Champagne at the Captain's party (usually night 2the evening of the first full day) is free.

The buffet usually have some type of fruit punch too, like Strawberry/Kiwi -- It's pretty good I think.

Tip: Add a package of the hot chocolate mix to coffee for a free mocha.

If you like stronger coffee, coffee in Cafe Promenade (if you have one on your ship) is good.

Cafe Promenade also has ice tea, and tea bags for hot tea (or make your own ice tea), just about 24/7.

Also, I think Royal Caribbean still allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine, no charge.

Bring your own cork screw, or you'll pay a hefty fee to have it opened.

What ship are you on?

Edited by Jimnbigd

That's exactly my own experience with RCI.

Though the lemonade is pretty awful, sickly-sweet.

JB :)

Mix it with the unsweetened ice tea, then you have a nice lemon ice tea that is slightly sweet.

That's what I do.:D

I agree. That's why I make my own lemonade with the fresh lemons available in the buffet or MDR.

Back to the OP question: As a rule, the included (free) drinks have to be both non-alcoholic and non-carbonated.

Juice (usually watery) at breakfast is free, but costs other times. It is better in the MDR than the buffet I think.

Champagne at the Captain's party (usually night 2the evening of the first full day) is free.

The buffet usually have some type of fruit punch too, like Strawberry/Kiwi -- It's pretty good I think.

Tip: Add a package of the hot chocolate mix to coffee for a free mocha.

If you like stronger coffee, coffee in Cafe Promenade (if you have one on your ship) is good.

Cafe Promenade also has ice tea, and tea bags for hot tea (or make your own ice tea), just about 24/7.

Also, I think Royal Caribbean still allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine, no charge.

Bring your own cork screw, or you'll pay a hefty fee to have it opened.

What ship are you on?

Small correction, there is no fee, hefty or otherwise, to have your own bottle of wine opened. There is a fee to open/transport a bottle of wine to any public venue, but having your steward bring a corkscrew and opening your wine in your stateroom, pouring a couple glasses and leaving your room with those glasses? Free.

Small correction, there is no fee, hefty or otherwise, to have your own bottle of wine opened. There is a fee to open/transport a bottle of wine to any public venue, but having your steward bring a corkscrew and opening your wine in your stateroom, pouring a couple glasses and leaving your room with those glasses? Free.

Tacky, but free. Drinking it in your room - fine. Taking it to a venue where they are serving alcohol (pretty much the rest of the ship) - classless. That's my opinion, obviously yours is different.

Tacky, but free. Drinking it in your room - fine. Taking it to a venue where they are serving alcohol (pretty much the rest of the ship) - classless. That's my opinion, obviously yours is different.

Totally disagree. People carry a glass of wine with them all over the place. No one cares or even knows where it originated.

My opinion is different? Well that's news to me. I stated the policy, my opinion wasn't included in my reply. How long have you been able to read minds?