With all the closed ports

Crusin Hogs

I wonder how many ships will be in Western ports that are open in coming weeks/ months ? Cozumel can dock quite a few ... I expect higher prices in places that are open due to more ships in port , Many will not get excursions , due to people who booked months ago for the western ports .

It will be up to the cruise lines and available docking/anchorage space at each port. Once a revised itinerary is released, you can go out to cruisett or cruisetimetables dot com and at least see how many ships where originally schedule for a particular port on a particular day. Unless you see the ship you are booking or thinking about booking listed, it's most likely these sites have not been revised. Dependent upon cruise lines to submit. But at least you'll have an idea if say Carnival already had 3 ships in Coz that day, or 2 in Roatan.

As far as excursions go, while some ship excursions might not be offered, most of the providers have room for more, and some independents heading to the same places might be able to take on a few more people, as some of their excursions don't get booked for every ship in port. However, there's generally enough in all Western ports for you to do on your own without booking an excursion.

Yup I quickly booked my excursion for Cozumel as soon as Irma hit

Btw I was always on a western Carib for next April but this one excursion I was still on the fence with so I pounced asap

Costa maya and Roatan we already booked before Irma hit

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder how many ships will be in Western ports that are open in coming weeks/ months ? Cozumel can dock quite a few ... I expect higher prices in places that are open due to more ships in port , Many will not get excursions , due to people who booked months ago for the western ports .

There are a lot more ports in the west than most people realize. Many are underutilized. Many can accommodate tendering, including Cozumel, Roatan, Belize City, Grand Cayman, and Key West. Ships will adjust schedules and vendors will add more excursions. Sure some places will not have additional room on specific days, but it is not going to be like you suspect.

Once a revised itinerary is released, you can go out to cruisett or cruisetimetables dot com and at least see how many ships where originally schedule for a particular port on a particular day.
I'll emphasize that those sites will show the ships originally scheduled to call on a given port, but they're usually not got at maintaining a ship list for a port as schedules are revised, even when the changes are made a few months in advance.

Often you can get a more current idea for a particular port by searching a particular port's Port Authority web page for their cruise ship schedule.

latest news says

"

TOURISM

Key West reports that it plans to resume limited tourism Sunday with the arrival of a cruise ship at noon at the Margaritaville Pier. The rest of the Keys still is not ready for tourism.

"

http://www.keysrecovery.org/

schedule might be the same as before the storm or ???

http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/documents/1502373475_79897.htm