Veranda categories

queenie_texas

I admit to being a rank amateur with regards to cruising and could use some advice. We took our first cruise ever this past July on the Sojourn and thought it one of our best vacations ever. We are now thinking of booking our next cruise and would love to see an explanation of the different veranda categories. We had a cabin on Deck 5 and were thoroughly satisfied, but I'm wondering what is the attraction with the higher categories? I understand some might prefer a mid-ship cabin, but beyond that what makes a V6 more costly?

Thanks so much!

Queenie

It is merely down to location of cabin, sorry suite. Central location and height equate to more money. Some people will pay to guarantee placement others take their chances.

The actual real estate is the same until you start getting into premium suites such as Penthouse. It is worth mentioning that some veranda suites have isolated issues such as a restricted view, adjoining cabin door and so on. These will be clearly shown on the deck plans. We once had a cabin on deck 5 which suffered anchor chain noise and also a bit of noise from the gangway set up / retrieval but then we paid a bit less.

You still get treated as equal throughout the main ship regardless of cabin.

Henry :)

Cruise lines have tried to educate the buying public that higher the deck the better the cabin. That's why they charge more for higher decks. This is not always true, especially if one i prone to motion sickness where it's much better to be on a lower deck.

Cruise lines have tried to educate the buying public that higher the deck the better the cabin. That's why they charge more for higher decks. This is not always true, especially if one i prone to motion sickness where it's much better to be on a lower deck.

Agreed. My wife is prone to sea sickness so we like the lowest floor. Also happens to be the cheapest location. That's one of the many reasons why I love her!

Sent from my iPhone using ForumsI

We don't book forward staterooms on any ship. They experience more "motion of the ocean" and my wife is somewhat prone to that.

We were on deck 5 on the Odyssey in a V2 (somewhat midship). Note the balcony rail ass'y is not transparent - solid metal. But we didn't find this a problem as far as blocking the view. Next midship category is V5 (one deck up) and quite a bit more $$. V2 is fine with us and we'd book it again.