Will Bali Volcano effect Sea Princess?

Sea Princess is currently cruising Indonesia . Bali is on high alert as the volcano at Mt Agung is trembling and rumbling. 240,000 people have been evacuated and there are reports that nature is taking heed in that snakes and monkeys are moving out of the area. Heres Sea Princess itinerary. trust they stay safe.

DatePortArriveDepart

Tue 19/09/17 Fremantle (Perth) / Australia 17:00

Wed 20/09/17 At Sea

Thu 21/09/17 At Sea

Fri 22/09/17 At Sea

Sat 23/09/17 Komodo / Indonesia 07:00 17:00

Sun 24/09/17 Makassar, ex: Ujung Pandang (Sulawesi) / Indonesia 09:00 19:00

Mon 25/09/17 At Sea

Tue 26/09/17 Semarang / Indonesia 07:00 20:00

Wed 27/09/17 At Sea

Thu 28/09/17 Probolinggo (Java) / Indonesia 07:00 17:00

Fri 29/09/17 Benoa (Bali) / Indonesia 08:00 19:00

Sat 30/09/17 Lembar (Lombok) / Indonesia 07:00 18:00

Sun 01/10/17 At Sea

Mon 02/10/17 At Sea

Tue 03/10/17 At Sea

Wed 04/10/17 Fremantle (Perth) / Australia 06:00

Thanks, David,

With volcano warning being at the highest level, with 500 tremors in one day, it certainly sounds like an eruption is imminent.

Foreign Affairs has put out a warning that air travel may be affected.

I guess Princess will reroute Sea Princess away from the volcano to keep passengers and crew safe.

Its under close watch here as well as it coincides with the school holidays and many families will be holidaying up there. An eruption will cause ash and disrupt air travel.

Travellers should check the fine print of their travel insurance policies, as I seem to recall you are not usually covered once the Government puts out a travel warning.

Apparently there are 50,000 Aussies heading to Bali in the coming week, likely due to the school holidays but there may be a lot of disappointed people if flights are cancelled.

I read a report that some of the tourist areas are deserted and those tourists that are there can not find drivers , as the drivers don't want to leave their families.

There are thousands due to fly over from NZ as well , as both private and public schools are about to go on holiday.

We are supposed to be in Bali in 4 weeks time on a land trip. All that would happen for a cruise is a reroute to Lombok. Our insurance policy was taken out last year. Until flights are cancelled or there is a Do Not Travel warning put out by the Govt then there is nothing we can do.

We are supposed to be in Bali in 4 weeks time on a land trip. All that would happen for a cruise is a reroute to Lombok. Our insurance policy was taken out last year. Until flights are cancelled or there is a Do Not Travel warning put out by the Govt then there is nothing we can do.

Lombok is only a short ferry ride from Bali i,m sure Lombok could be in trouble as well Aussie

Hope Government puts out a Do Not Travel Warning, so you can cancel and reschedule at a safer time. I received a full refund, under those circumstances.

Makes you wonder,

A friend was telling me that it is all those bombs that NK have dropped recently is disturbing the earths balance or something as the major quakes in Mexico and now some volcanoes are becoming unsettled.

I am thinking it is a correlation but wish that they weren't dropping bombs anyway.

Theres another one rumbling away in Vanuatu...

Vanuatu emergency declared as eruption displaces thousands

http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/340217/vanuatu-emergency-declared-as-eruption-displaces-thousands

Thanks, David.

I hadn't heard anything of this here in Australia. Is that part of the ring of fire? Is this an area that ships visit?

Thanks, David.

I hadn't heard anything of this here in Australia. Is that part of the ring of fire? Is this an area that ships visit?

Its in Northern Vanuatu on the Island of Ambae which is in a direct line with Luganville. The volcano is called "Monaro"

NZ Govt have issued a travel warning for Bali , and any one heading over there should register. A state of emergency has been declared in Vanuatu.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/340251/bali-volcano-nz-issues-travel-warning

Makes you wonder,

A friend was telling me that it is all those bombs that NK have dropped recently is disturbing the earths balance or something as the major quakes in Mexico and now some volcanoes are becoming unsettled.

I am thinking it is a correlation but wish that they weren't dropping bombs anyway.

Your 'friend...Brisbane41, :p told us that Mic. I don't believe the Rocket Man is the cause.

It is just the earth becoming old and cracking up, like most of us on CC. :mad::o:eek:

Its in Northern Vanuatu on the Island of Ambae which is in a direct line with Luganville. The volcano is called "Monaro"

NZ Govt have issued a travel warning for Bali , and any one heading over there should register. A state of emergency has been declared in Vanuatu.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/340251/bali-volcano-nz-issues-travel-warning

I hope everyone in Ambae and Bali will be safe.

Thanks David. I am surprised that people are still flying to Bali. Now that NZ Govt has issued a travel warning, people should be able to get refunds for the flights and holiday bookings from their insurance.