Specially restaurants questions.

Rozza1980

I've got a 12 cruise coming up and I'd like to try all the restaurants over the course of the trip. I see I can pre book a 4 night package and save about 33% on individual prices.

I understand that they book you in one of the restaurants for the 1st or 2nd night. Is this mandatory? I was thinking that if there is a good discount offered for those nights onboard, I could book that in addition to the package and use the package later in the cruise.

If We are not to worried about when we have dinner would I be better to just book individually on board to save a few extra ££'s over a package.

Lastly I don't see sushi on 5 included in any pre book options, is this just a a-carte venue, or do they also offer pacakages and discounts on board?

Thanks.

For a 12 night cruise, I think that you could do just as good without going for the package once you are on board. At least for my cruise, they were giving out discounts on all the restaurants throughout. Also, they were selling the packages on board for about the same price with more freedom to choose which one you like on any day. As for Sushi on 5, on board they promoted an all you can eat package for $30 per person or you could choose to order ala carte.

If you book the 4 night package you do not have to eat at a restaurant they select for you the first or second night. We book the 10 night or use to be ultimate package and when onboard select where we want to eat each night. Since sushi on 5 is ala carte and you are given an allowance, I believe in August we were given $37 per person that was applied towards our bill. That was plenty for what we ordered.

They are very flexible.

We could book a 3 night package on board for $109.00 per person. They have a table set up near the buffet. We did the Tuscan Grill the first night (didn't buy the package) for $35.00 per person, discounted from the usual $50.00 per person. It was a great experience and had great service and food. We did the Tuscan Grill again on our last night on board for $50.00 per person. The food was great and the service great but the restaurant was much busier and noisier than on our first night. We spent $85.00 per person for the 2 meals, if we had bought the 3 night package we could have eaten at another specialty restaurant for $24.00 more per person. We were on a 7 night cruise so 2 nights at a specialty was good for us. On a 12 night cruise I would opt for a 4 night package.

I've got a 12 cruise coming up and I'd like to try all the restaurants over the course of the trip. I see I can pre book a 4 night package and save about 33% on individual prices.

I understand that they book you in one of the restaurants for the 1st or 2nd night. Is this mandatory? I was thinking that if there is a good discount offered for those nights onboard, I could book that in addition to the package and use the package later in the cruise.

If We are not to worried about when we have dinner would I be better to just book individually on board to save a few extra ££'s over a package.

Lastly I don't see sushi on 5 included in any pre book options, is this just a a-carte venue, or do they also offer pacakages and discounts on board?

Thanks.

You can also "negotiate" a lower price onboard. They will be around the ship asking people to book the restaurants. Make them an offer. I got Qsine for $30 each plus 2 glasses of wine. I didn't have a drink package so it was a good deal for me. Made the dinners $20 because I would have bought the wine anyway!

Of the online offers, 4 nights seems to be the best for price per meal because it's $125 or $31.25 per meal. 3 nights at $109 is $36.33 per meal and 5 meals at $159 is $31.80. That makes little sense to me, but they are a lot smarter than I am.

The question I have is what sense does it make to book before getting on the ship. Does the price go up on the ship or down?

Of the online offers, 4 nights seems to be the best for price per meal because it's $125 or $31.25 per meal. 3 nights at $109 is $36.33 per meal and 5 meals at $159 is $31.80. That makes little sense to me, but they are a lot smarter than I am.

The question I have is what sense does it make to book before getting on the ship. Does the price go up on the ship or down?

We took advantage of the 20% off a six night package and "I think" I paid $154 or $25.67. If it weren't for the 20% off I would have just booked onboard.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I think I'll see what deal I can get onboard. It sounds like I should be able to save at least as much as the packages with a little negotiation!

If there is a restaurant you particularly want to try don't wait until too late in the cruise. Just off Eclipse and were told by a fellow guest they had struggled to get a booking in Murano's for one of the last three days. Earlier in the cruise they had managed to book Tuscan at a good discount and get a good discount mid cruise at Q'sine but with limited time choices.

We have had unlimited speciality dining the last few cruises as part of our room package and thoroughly enjoyed. In addition to negotiating price think about when you actually would like to dine in the venues...For example, Tuscan is great to dine in as you leave a port so you can enjoy the views. Murano's is not good after a long excursion when you are shattered as it is quite a long dining experience.

Hope you enjoy!