Ports Re-opening BUT How's the Beaches

tdquillen

I've read where many of the cruise ports are re-opening sooner than expected. However, of the ports that are open or soon to be open; what are their BEACHES like? My wife and I love the beaches, so our concern is our cruise ship may stop at an open port but the beaches have washed away. Any thoughts?

I'd be afraid to go to any beach or in water at this point. Think of all the garbage and sewage from the storm surges. And, at this point, I'll bet that local authorities are thinking more about getting drinking water, first aid, restoring electricity and emergency housing for their locals than cleaning a beach for cruisers. Sorry. If you have family or friends trying to exist on one of the affected islands, you might understand my position.

I'd be afraid to go to any beach or in water at this point. Think of all the garbage and sewage from the storm surges. And, at this point, I'll bet that local authorities are thinking more about getting drinking water, first aid, restoring electricity and emergency housing for their locals than cleaning a beach for cruisers. Sorry. If you have family or friends trying to exist on one of the affected islands, you might understand my position.

Exactly, how much beach erosion may have occurred is so insignificant in view of the utter destruction these islands and the people have suffered. You likely will not get info for a while. Locals havefar more important things to do than asses how deep the beach now is. . none of us have been to the islands this week (excedept for Despegue who was doing aid work., so not likely any of us can share anything useful ab out beaches at this point.

If you must have pristtine beaches, why not consider sailing to Hawaii?

Edited by sail7seas

I've read where many of the cruise ports are re-opening sooner than expected. However, of the ports that are open or soon to be open; what are their BEACHES like? My wife and I love the beaches, so our concern is our cruise ship may stop at an open port but the beaches have washed away. Any thoughts?

Thoughts, anyone??? :)

Which ports and their beaches are concerning you the most? :eek:

What are the ports on your cruise?

:ship: Which ship? When?

Mother nature will have the beaches fixed a lot sooner than people will have the island's infrastructure fixed.

Mother nature will have the beaches fixed a lot sooner than people will have the island's infrastructure fixed.

OP, you didn't mention when your cruise is. Obviously the furrther out it is,the ertter chance they will have been ab le to accomplish some cleanup...