Why

rvmike

For just one example...if you go to the website to find out debarkation time all you will see is, for example, "final" day 7, arrive Miami 6am.

If you have never cruised before (and I had someone in self disembarkation line in San Juan that did JUST this), you would think that 6am was the time you can get off ship (just like a flight).

There are many reasons why people post instead of calling...I don't discourage people searching for information.

Now I do have a question about tipping....Do you...well I will just start a new thread....

In the case of the person who was trying to disembark at ship docking, then they must not be able to read, as the daily clearly provides information, the day before, about this and how to do it and when you can do it.

First cruise or not.

bon voyage

The error-ridden Celebrity website is part of the reason people come here for answers. A case in point just today -- someone saw on the website that the in-room bar set up is listed at $100 per day on the website. Checked with Cruise Critic, it turns out that the cost is not per day, it's a one-time charge per bottle of liquor ordered.

Why? simple - the websites aren't correct or are vague for many questions. Not to mention things change before the changes make it to the websites. Example Mast grill - free or not - some were still seeing it as extra cost online while those on board weren't being charged anything.

Agree that some people just want to post. Once a question has been answered people will still respond with the same answer multiple times. Agree the website sucks but this is on all boards. Questions about ports and other info not on the web site makes sense, but how many times do the same (package) question needs to be answered.

Guindalf, or wasting time to respond

Because most sentient people can tell from a good thread title what the thread is about and skip it if not interested. As opposed to the nits who title their thread so it is impossible to know the topic.

Most questions asked can be found on the website. Instead they ask here and get 10 opinions about the same topic. If people can book a cruise they know how to use a computer.!!!

They are lazy and want others to do the work for them.

They want to start a thread and see how many posts it gets.

How many time have you been at a Q and A session and the same question was asked 5 minutes after it has already been asked and answered? I love it when the speaker responds back that they just answered it and if they were listening.

On here if someone post that it has been answered many times and suggests to do a search others jump on them for being rude.

Basically it is just best to skip or ignore those threads and let others waste their time answering since it makes them feel good about helping someone and gets their post number up.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Agreed. People post just to post. How else can you accumulate 10,000 posts on a cruise message board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't have 10000 posts but I have half of that which is a lot. I don't post just to post or to see my words online. I do it for three reasons. One, I like to help people. That's my primary reason. Two, sometimes Celebrity is doing something very well or very poorly and I like to get my opinion out there as I know they have representatives reading these threads. And finally three, I sometimes have questions that just cannot be found on their awful website.

Most questions asked can be found on the website. Instead they ask here and get 10 opinions about the same topic. If people can book a cruise they know how to use a computer.!!!

So does that mean that no one should ever ask a question? Oh wait, that's a question. Sorry.

There are times when the exact answer can't be found on the website

Like the fact that the website says my next 2 cruises are leaving from "USA". Or the website says I should complete my booking prior to making travel arrangements even though it's paid in full, online check in is complete and Xpress pass is printed. Sometime the website is messed up and inaccurate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

In the case of the person who was trying to disembark at ship docking, then they must not be able to read, as the daily clearly provides information, the day before, about this and how to do it and when you can do it.

The day before the ship docks is a little late if you've already made transportation arrangements based on inaccurate info the cruiseline gave you in advance of the trip.

The day before the ship docks is a little late if you've already made transportation arrangements based on inaccurate info the cruiseline gave you in advance of the trip.

Much of the info X has provided me about catching flights is to generally NOT schedule a departure before 12n. Not only here in this forum and a few others, there are anecdotal experiences which indicates that one may be able to catch a flight as early as 10a provided they self-disembark.

It may be your experience that X has advised that one can dis-embark upon docking, I would say that advice was a very rare exception to the rule vs. reality, in which case you are absolutely correct about inaccurate info in advance.

I doubt, and this is my personal opinion, that even the newest phone agent for X would not tell a passenger in advance that they could leave the ship upon docking, then again, there are exception to most rules. I would suggest that they may have read something here on CC which may have caused them to believe that they could dis-embark upon arrival without doing due diligence as to its' feasibility i.e. customs inspection delays, delays in docking etc... again, reading and asking (the correct sources) before making air reservations.

Not a X issue, yet a passenger issue. Even one I could make in terms of not fully understanding the ramifications of due diligence before sailing.

bon voyage

Agreed. People post just to post. How else can you accumulate 10,000 posts on a cruise message board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly

Many of those that have 10,000 or more posts are posts that don't provide any info or input. All they do is always quote the OP or someone else and write "Hi, enjoy your cruise", "following along", "nice photos" and etc. I have many of those members blocked because their constant quoting takes up too much space in the thread for adding nothing.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Not a X issue, yet a passenger issue. Even one I could make in terms of not fully understanding the ramifications of due diligence before sailing.

The point being that the website tells the passenger that they arrive at 6am but the details of what that means are not readily apparent anywhere. He could have gotten that as secondhand info as well. "What time do we arrive?" "The website says 6am." There is no excuse for not providing thorough, accurate information on a public-facing portal.

The point being that the website tells the passenger that they arrive at 6am but the details of what that means are not readily apparent anywhere. He could have gotten that as secondhand info as well. "What time do we arrive?" "The website says 6am." There is no excuse for not providing thorough, accurate information on a public-facing portal.

... as well as never an excuse to not understand or know that there is a difference between docking and dis-embarking from any sailing vessel.

If one does not know, then they surely can call X or their TA to confirm that they can get off the ship at dock time or not. If one does not know, then they can come onto CC and ask, again, when they can get off the ship before it sails. There is even an airline page here too, where such questions can be asked, believe it or not.

I view it just as an airline schedule, if it says you land at 6a, that most certainly does not mean you are off the plane at 6a, that is the time it is on the ground and nothing more. Sometimes it is early, sometimes late in arrival.

In fact, when I review X's website, it gives times for departure, tendering or docking and final destination arrival times. As most seasoned passengers understand these times can be fluid for whatever reason. If one is not seasoned in cruising, I believe, it calls for additional due diligence before making transport plans to/from the ship. Especially if the passenger chooses not to ask either their TA or X about arriving at or departing from the ship in advance of making plans, shame on them.

Again, it is on the passenger, in my opine and not X. Too many variables to blame it all on X and the website. Plain and simple to me.

X provides thorough and complete information on its' website by providing departure and arrival times. It cannot control variables beyond its' control no matter how much we wish they could. Does not make sense to hold their feet to the fire on this at all.

I understand many passengers look to blame someone else for their mis-steps and I choose to make it as transparent as possible. My motto is, if you do not know or never have done it before, ask someone who has and not guess, for the oneness is on the passenger to control what they can and not X for what they cannot.

bon voayge

First cruise or not.

bon voyage

In this particular case we were first in line (made 830am flight from san juan). The girl behind us was the one that booked an early flight...she had no idea until she got onboard that the departure time would not be the same (or soon after) the arrival time that was listed.

She had no choice once on board, but to get to walk off line early and that is what she did...I'm sure she made her flight, but I'm also sure (as she was a first time cruiser) that if it would have been listed as, "arrival time 6am...get off the ship time an hour or two hours later depending on factors" she would have booked a later flight.

In this particular case we were first in line (made 830am flight from san juan). The girl behind us was the one that booked an early flight...she had no idea until she got onboard that the departure time would not be the same (or soon after) the arrival time that was listed.

She had no choice once on board, but to get to walk off line early and that is what she did...I'm sure she made her flight, but I'm also sure (as she was a first time cruiser) that if it would have been listed as, "arrival time 6am...get off the ship time an hour or two hours later depending on factors" she would have booked a later flight.

Okay, then it was her travel professional who failed her on this....?

Or, there was no mention of the flights she booked after booking the cruise. Even if she had gone to Flights By Celebrity for an inquiring quote, there is a block, prevents you from booking too early. Light bulb!

At any rate, hopefully lesson learned and better planning for future cruises.

Other than that mishap, was it a good sailing?

bon voyage

Okay, then it was her travel professional who failed her on this....?

Or, there was no mention of the flights she booked after booking the cruise. Even if she had gone to Flights By Celebrity for an inquiring quote, there is a block, prevents you from booking too early. Light bulb!

At any rate, hopefully lesson learned and better planning for future cruises.

Other than that mishap, was it a good sailing?

bon voyage

It was great sailing...we didn't have any problem with the disembarkation (we knew what to we were doing...but others might not)...

My whole point was directed at the OP. Just because you can find answers on the website, doesn't mean it isn't wise or appropriate to post here asking questions. Nowhere on the website does it mention anything about the difference between the time they list for arrival on last day to the time you can actually get off the ship.