Temporary Driver's License with Photo

mulewagon

You could be right about that :D. I just wonder if they have seen them before and might question if they are real or not. Sometimes they don't ask for ID with your S&S card, but I've had others really examine my DL. I am curious if it might cause a problem.

The threads that I've read where the OP came back with a follow up reported no problems with using it. The worst it could do would be to cause a bit of a delay.

Not at all true

I just renewed my drivers license

Hence getting a lovely black and white temporary license. This is from Massachusetts. It states in bold red letters" Not valid for identification "

My conscience would be the TSA if you are flying as part of your cruise.

If you need to leave the cruise in an emergency, depending where you are going, flights coming home could be even more difficult

Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each state is different and what torpedoes you are the words "not valid for identification". As I recall that wasn't an issue for OP.

Different states use different versions of a temporary paper ID. Some of them are not valid as an official ID. For example, Indiana does not print your ID number on the temporary paper version, it has a bunch of X's. If Carnival says you are fine, you probably are. I still hope you get your ID before your cruise for piece of mind.

I don't know why they would, it's a valid ID and you have your sail and sign card. Might be best not to arrive back at the pier at the last minute, just in case:).

The only port that I have been to where we had to show our ID in addition to our ship card was St Thomas, we know the OP wont be going there. So getting back on the ship shouldn't be an issue as long as they have their ship card, though they should also carry their temporary ID off the ship.

The only port that I have been to where we had to show our ID in addition to our ship card was St Thomas, we know the OP wont be going there. So getting back on the ship shouldn't be an issue as long as they have their ship card, though they should also carry their temporary ID off the ship.

Ocho Rios, Nassau, Cozumel, and Grand Turk all required ID.

I experienced the same delay in getting my license last year, only having a temporary paper license. The last time I had renewed, they were made on the spot, so this caught me off guard. I called Carnival, they didn't seem like they had ever been asked about this before, read to me the "valid identification" policy listed earlier, and suggested I call customs. I couldn't get any answers at customs (phone wise), so I was prepared to spend the week in Cocoa Beach while my family cruised without me if I was denied boarding. I submitted my license that had expired 4 days prior, and it was business as usual. No one with Carnival, no one in Nassau, no one in Freeport, nor US Customs seemed to care or notice that it was expired. They only looked at the picture, and then me. I never even brought up the paper license, though I did have it in case the expiration came up. And I have since gotten a passport!

As I recall it's been a requirement for every port we've visited.