New CD schedule 9/22/2017

firemanbobswife

Wow who are these people.

Until about 18 months ago did 4-5 a year with Carnival and vast majority never heard of before.

Yeah, a few I know, everyone else is new. Wonder how Dustin Gabriel is? Guess I'll find out in 3 weeks.

Peter on Conquest was decent. He was super funny during the hairy chest contest. Yes I watched it because I was out there with my table mates after I ran into them. Didn't plan on plopping down in a lounge chair for that long and got a little bit of a sunburn from that :cool:.

Wonder why there has been such a huge turnover of CD's? In our 20 or so years of cruising never saw this happen before.

Two very good reasons. The best CD in my humble opinion, Butch Begovich was promoted and is now working in the head office with a few other CDs who also got promoted. Also, there are now two positions on the ships....Entertainment Director and Cruise Director. So a lot more positions to fill.

Of course, you have the usual turnovers.

So that adds up to a lot of new people

Two very good reasons. The best CD in my humble opinion, Butch Begovich was promoted and is now working in the head office with a few other CDs who also got promoted. Also, there are now two positions on the ships....Entertainment Director and Cruise Director. So a lot more positions to fill.

Of course, you have the usual turnovers.

So that adds up to a lot of new people

I hear you but lots of the ED's were not taken from CD position. Seems like CD's are people persons who like to be out and about much different than the ED position.

The ED's we have seen have not been interacting much with passengers.

I hear you but lots of the ED's were not taken from CD position. Seems like CD's are people persons who like to be out and about much different than the ED position.

The ED's we have seen have not been interacting much with passengers.

That's the reason Carnival came up with the ED position. The office and paperwork part of the job was taking up too much time away from the guests. The ED job keeps them in the office and gives the CD all of their time to spend with the guests.

There are several ED's who were very good as CDs but maybe they felt their strengths were more in the organization and planning of the entertainment to give the guests a better experience.

I understand what you are saying. With the 2 positions, Carnival had to maybe hire from outside or maybe we are just not familar with all the social hosts that went to ED rather than CD positions.

One couple whom we had as social hosts several years ago, are now a ED and CD team. He was very personable so I can see him as the CD. She also was but maybe more organized so to fulfil both their ambitions plus staying together on the same ship, Katie took the ED job while Matey is the CD.

Yeah, a few I know, everyone else is new. Wonder how Dustin Gabriel is? Guess I'll find out in 3 weeks.

:.

He's OK. We were on the 9/2 Glory and during the cruise he didn't do anything that really sat him apart from the other directors we've had in the past. HOWEVER once we were delayed because of Irma he really brought his game and I felt like that's when he hit 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's OK. We were on the 9/2 Glory and during the cruise he didn't do anything that really sat him apart from the other directors we've had in the past. HOWEVER once we were delayed because of Irma he really brought his game and I felt like that's when he hit 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback! I’m just thankful not to have Eric Brouman. He was super annoying with his announcements.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m just thankful not to have Eric Brouman. He was super annoying with his announcements.

That's kinda how I feel about Dr. E. While I agree he IS very easy on the eyes :D, after a couple of days his announcements started getting on my nerves. But it certainly did not impact my enjoyment of the cruise and I know that many people who interact with the CD way more than I ever do really enjoy his style. Most cruises I can't even tell you who our CD was and I definitely knew him! Would sail with him again however.

That's the reason Carnival came up with the ED position. The office and paperwork part of the job was taking up too much time away from the guests. The ED job keeps them in the office and gives the CD all of their time to spend with the guests.

There are several ED's who were very good as CDs but maybe they felt their strengths were more in the organization and planning of the entertainment to give the guests a better experience.

I understand what you are saying. With the 2 positions, Carnival had to maybe hire from outside or maybe we are just not familar with all the social hosts that went to ED rather than CD positions.

One couple whom we had as social hosts several years ago, are now a ED and CD team. He was very personable so I can see him as the CD. She also was but maybe more organized so to fulfil both their ambitions plus staying together on the same ship, Katie took the ED job while Matey is the CD.

Thanks for posting this because I was gonna ask what felt like a n00b question and ask what the difference was. I think it's a new development since our last cruise in 2014 so I don't feel like quite such an idiot. :')

Matey and Katie (can you believe they are a normal couple, sounds like a comedy team) are good friends of mine. I have cruised with them together and separately and am really happy that they are working together again. Katie advanced a little faster than Matey, she was a "beard" in Miami for a while, but now it seems they are both doing great.