Elation Post Drydock Question

jc4me

Hi, for any of you that are cruising Elation once her drydock is complete will you please come back here?? I think she is getting new doors and would love to know if they are metal. I want to know if I can take magnets for the door. I'm pretty sure that the original doors are not metal. Thanks in advance for your help!!

I will be sailing her Oct 16th (which I think is the 3rd sailing post dry dock?). Will post back on the upgrades. Really hoping the Alchemy Bar is a part of the upgrades too. It wasnt specifically listed on the upgrades, but JH said it will be there.

Will she still be sailing from Jacksonville after dry dock?

We love cruising out of Jacksonville, but haven't done so since the Elation has been there because we just

weren't real impressed with the ship.

What all is she supposed to get during dry dock - does anyone know?

Will she still be sailing from Jacksonville after dry dock?

Yes:D

What all is she supposed to get during dry dock - does anyone know?

Check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2538989

Elation is getting everything the Fascination has, and several NEW venues for food/drinks etc..:)

I do not believe that the Elation will get balcony cabins....they would announce that and add it on the future cruises so they can sell them, there is no word about them, cruises will be soon happening on the Elation right after her dry dock and there is no way 1- they will give a free balcony cruise to those who paid for Oceanview and 2- if they did add balconies where are those that booked Oceanview going to go and 3- how will they sell balcony cabins when the cruises are about to happen. In the past, as with the Fascination they announced that balconies will be added and added them to their web site so they can be sold out. Sorry, balconies aren't going to happen unless Carnival is planning on giving everybody who booked Oceanview cabins there free balconies....nope not going to happen.

I do not believe that the Elation will get balcony cabins....they would announce that and add it on the future cruises so they can sell them, there is no word about them, cruises will be soon happening on the Elation right after her dry dock and there is no way 1- they will give a free balcony cruise to those who paid for Oceanview and 2- if they did add balconies where are those that booked Oceanview going to go and 3- how will they sell balcony cabins when the cruises are about to happen. In the past, as with the Fascination they announced that balconies will be added and added them to their web site so they can be sold out. Sorry, balconies aren't going to happen unless Carnival is planning on giving everybody who booked Oceanview cabins there free balconies....nope not going to happen.

They actually were selling balcony cabins on future Elation cruises, they just recently took them off.

The Elation is definitely still getting balconies. This photo was posted today.

They actually were selling balcony cabins on future Elation cruises, they just recently took them off.

The Elation is definitely still getting balconies. This photo was posted today.

I have also seen this and several other photos, of both balconies and waterworks being added. They are posted on a place we can not name.... :cool: Maybe we can email John to find out the truth?

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you cruising on Elation in the near future, please remember to come back and let us know if the doors are metal :D I want to take magnets in January but not if I can't use them. Thanks for your help!!

For those of you cruising on Elation in the near future, please remember to come back and let us know if the doors are metal :D I want to take magnets in January but not if I can't use them. Thanks for your help!!

Hey Jc4me. We are on Elation mid November & just set a reminder on my phone to check the doors. If no one else finds out by then I will let you know.

Hey Jc4me. We are on Elation mid November & just set a reminder on my phone to check the doors. If no one else finds out by then I will let you know.

Thank you so much! We are cruising with family (including 2 of our grandchildren) and I would love to decorate our door and taking magnets would be the easiest thing to do. We have mostly cruised Fantasy class ships and the don't normally have a metal door, so I am hopeful that with the new doors and new decor that they will have.

Hi, for any of you that are cruising Elation once her drydock is complete will you please come back here?? I think she is getting new doors and would love to know if they are metal. I want to know if I can take magnets for the door. I'm pretty sure that the original doors are not metal. Thanks in advance for your help!!

I'm curious about this as well! We go In January for our first cruise and I am trying to figure out how to do our door decor :) thanks for posting this!!