T shirt in the evening.

Rozza1980

The dress code states that t shirts are not allowed for men in the evening.

When I look on the website under food and drink, the first picture you see is of a man with his wife and another couple sat In a restaurant wearing a t shirt!

I would like to wear a plant t shirt with a blazer and chinos some evenings.

It's my First cruise with Celebrity and I want to make sure I pack the right clothes.

Also is it worth bringing along the tux?

I'm on a 12 night Med and Israel trip in October.

Thanks..

Is that the photo of the Porch? That restaurant is outside, and is definitely casual. If it's one of the specialties, perhaps the photo is of lunch rather than dinner.

In the indoor restaurants at dinner, a t-shirt would not be appropriate. Men wear a collared shirt, either long or short sleeved.

It is interesting that the photo you gave the link to is on the uk website but not the us site. And yes, the man with the jacket does appear to have a t-shirt on under the jacket. You might see someone dressed similarly, but it would not be the norm. The t-shirt, in this case, isn't the typical souvenir type shirt, bedecked with advertising.

It is interesting that the photo you gave the link to is on the uk website but not the us site. And yes, the man with the jacket does appear to have a t-shirt on under the jacket. You might see someone dressed similarly, but it would not be the norm. The t-shirt, in this case, isn't the typical souvenir type shirt, bedecked with advertising.

I was planning on much the same look as the guy in the photo. Plain smart v neck t shirt with a jacket over the top. Saves on the luggage as I could wear the t shirt the next day around the pool.

I would not consider that a T-shirt. That's a crew neck shirt and I have several that I sometimes wear when going out for an evening. I see by the confused look on your faces that you are wondering what's the difference. Well, not a lot but "dressy" crew neck shirts tend to be more fitted, usually don't have any graphics (although they can have) and the necks are normally a little less baggy than on a T.

I was planning on much the same look as the guy in the photo. Plain smart v neck t shirt with a jacket over the top. Saves on the luggage as I could wear the t shirt the next day around the pool.

IMHO a V neck t shirt is iffy; a very nice crew neck with a blazer could work. In our experience a shirt with a collar (polo, tommy banana, button collar) is the norm.

I would not consider that a T-shirt. That's a crew neck shirt and I have several that I sometimes wear when going out for an evening. I see by the confused look on your faces that you are wondering what's the difference. Well, not a lot but "dressy" crew neck shirts tend to be more fitted, usually don't have any graphics (although they can have) and the necks are normally a little less baggy than on a T.

...And the fabric is a better quality or a cotton blended with another fabric such as rayon, spandex or polyester. There is a distinct difference between a crew neck shirt and the undergarment or printed Tee shirt.

Looked to me like a Hanes undershirt tee. Some people now wear them as outerwear...but not so much where we are from..

The rule is no tee shirts but maybe under a jacket passes muster..

Too many dress threads..Cunard sends out a detailed explanation but Celeb is often confused. .

just look neat and be happy!

My son wears some $250 Prada "t-shirts", they are fitted. They look nice under a jacket. Not saying you need an extremely over priced t-shirt to pull it off, but I wouldn't go with a Hane's tagless T either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haven't been on Celebrity yet but plenty of other lines which also had the same t-shirt "rule". Once on board many of the rules posted on the websites pretty much got tossed off the ship as we left port. Many would wear a nicer t-shirt to dinner under a jacket an once dinner was over jacket goes back to the cabin to sleep as t-shirt stays up all night to PARTY!!! Not to mention many took the jackets off before eating anyway so jackets were on for maybe all of 20-40min the entire trip. Personally stopped bringing a jacket/sport coat after our 2nd cruise simply because it wasn't needed enough and saved space in luggage.

I was on the Infinity to Alaska (older crowd) last week and ended up not wearing a dress at all for the "Chic Night". The posts from previous Celebrity cruisers were spot on about seeing a little bit of everything in the main dining room. In my opinion Celebrity dining is no different than NCL or Princess in their dress codes for the main dining room.

What I saw on the ladies were nice tops and dress slacks/jackets. There were some nice cocktail dresses too. What I noticed that the Gents wore some suits, mostly sport coats with button down dress shirts, or golf polo's or mock turtleneck long sleeve T-shirts under the sport coat and short sleeved Tommy Bahama's style shirts. I did see 1 Tux on a Man, could have been more but they were rare on this itinerary. The Hostess did request a gent to remove his hat while dining but I didn't see anyone turned away. I think the itinerary and length of cruise will determine how "dressy" the cruise will be. I would definitely bring dressier clothes on a European trip over a Caribbean or Alaskan trip.

Just to add to the confusion this is what it actually says at the bottom of the daily sheet left in our room this evening (apologies for the poor photo). I have happily worn tshirts to various restaurants for lunch over the last week... Not sure what Celebrity think a tshirt is but their definition isn't the same as mine.

26e680c34c4bda3e19e0ee282c0cc7da.jpg

Just to add to the confusion this is what it actually says at the bottom of the daily sheet left in our room this evening (apologies for the poor photo). I have happily worn tshirts to various restaurants for lunch over the last week... Not sure what Celebrity think a tshirt is but their definition isn't the same as mine.

26e680c34c4bda3e19e0ee282c0cc7da.jpg

Well someone got that incredibly wrong. No t-shirts in the Oceanview Café? No Baseball caps. They'd probably have a riot if they tried to enforce that.

You are definitely going to see more formal clothing on a Med cruise simply because there will be more European guests. Dressing just to go out for dinner is fairly commonplace, not a tux but not as casual as lots of US restaurants. We were in Italy this summer and people watching being a hobby of mine, I saw some lovely outfits. I really like the t shirt/jacket combo if it's a smart t shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I rented a TUX for our first X cruise, it was fun, but not to be repeated. With evening chic, I will be happy with a shirt with collar and blazer.

There should be some standards, if you allow $200 T-shirts, what is to stop guys wearing the $4 hanes?

When DW and I go out to dine here in Coastal Georgia, most people in the evening at nice restaurants do not dress grunge. Still, there always seems to be one guy with a T-shirt with holes.