CELEBRITY EQUINOX REVIEW - The Hurricane Irma Cruise

CruisingWalter

We're seriously looking at MSC and their new Seaside ship. Saw a billboard for it on the way out of Miami and love the concept of the 360 degree boardwalk and unobstructed views with the lifeboats down below. Really not liking the "Magic Carpet" concept for the Celebrity Edge. Just makes the ship look weird and unbalanced.

Thank you for your EXCELLENT review. I've been on Equinox many times and I'm a loyal X cruiser - I found your review to be so well written, and covering so many important points!

I have noticed some decline in X so I have also looked elsewhere - I almost chose MSC due to their loyalty status matching and new Seaside ship, but wanted to do the yacht club which wasn't available when I have time off to travel. Oceania was a bit too expensive. So I'm trying Princess again.

Is the world class bar where the previous 'molecular bar' was? I miss those drinks - is the world class bar the same just a new name?

I wish, It's still a high end cocktail bar with some pretty good drinks but I think the molecular cocktails were much better.

THANK YOU creativegenius for your comprehensive review. We have just booked our first Celebrity cruise on a Solstice Class ship and appreciate your insights and suggestions. Our most recent cruising has been with Viking. I will be interested to see how Celebrity compares. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the world class bar where the previous 'molecular bar' was? I miss those drinks - is the world class bar the same just a new name?

The drinks at the Molecular bar and the World Class bar are trade marked, or copy written or whatever it is. Celebrity didn't renew the contract with the buy who "owned" the drinks in the the Molecular bar, and changed to another contract. The drinks are different. Personally, i preferred the Molecular bar drinks, but my wife prefers the World Class bar.

Both are basically just weird and fun cocktails.

We just got off the Silhouette on Friday, and I agree about the shows and entertainment. The productions shows were mediocre, although my husband loved them, but the guest entertainers were decent. The house band, Ocean's 5, were awful, the house orchestra was great, and the string duet were good as well. Celebrity does need more alternative entertainment venues. And better activities during the day that aren't focused on selling stuff.