If Cruise is Canceled will Airline Refund?

505CruiserSantaFe

If the airline cannot fly into the airport ,yes . I was scheduled to cruise the Escape on 9/9 Irma happened unfortunately. AA contacted me on Tuesday to change flight so I'd fly in earlier - NCL announced the same day cruise would be canceled - both issued refund very quickly. I had ins but no need to use due to the great cust service from both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing your experience

I was an ATC in San Juan, my facility has internet now. A plea from one of my colleagues is asking for patience.

Also flights are not getting in.

On that point, Don't know when the OP was flying in, but in the near future she can expect a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so one impacted the other
That's not the case. Both were affected by the weather. The cruise ports don't close because the nearby airports close. They just don't. Nor vice versa.

it is not always black & white
Indeed.

Hilton Honors. Most, if not all, AMEX cards have insurance coverage on travel purchases.
I did a bit of research after I posted my last post. I've done this before but wanted to check to see if it had changed. It hadn't: Different AMEX cards offers different benefits and not all offer travel insurance coverage. This is why my Blue Cash AMEX offers:

Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance

Roadside Assistance Hotline

Global Assist® Hotline

Travel Accident Insurance

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/view-all/blue-cash-everyday

They offer Travel Accident Insurance, but not Cancellation insurance or Interruption insurance.

Incidentally, while Hilton Honors AMEX does offer you more travel benefits than I get with Blue Cash AMEX, I don't see cancellation insurance, interruption insurance or even medical insurance.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/view-all/hilton-honors/

By contrast, I believe that the Platinum AMEX does offer the kind of insurance that would have assisted the OP.

Edited by bUU

If the airline cannot fly into the airport ,yes . I was scheduled to cruise the Escape on 9/9 Irma happened unfortunately. AA contacted me on Tuesday to change flight so I'd fly in earlier - NCL announced the same day cruise would be canceled - both issued refund very quickly. I had ins but no need to use due to the great cust service from both.

I was on the 09/09 Escape cruise as well. I had a similar experience except the airline refused to refund or credit me until two days later when my flight was officially cancelled.

Incidentally, while Hilton Honors AMEX does offer you more travel benefits than I get with Blue Cash AMEX, I don't see cancellation insurance, interruption insurance or even medical insurance.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/view-all/hilton-honors/

By contrast, I believe that the Platinum AMEX does offer the kind of insurance that would have assisted the OP.

I just checked, and you're correct. I'm sorry I posted wrong information. My apologies, I didn't mean to mislead the OP or anyone else.

Roz