Rick Steve's special on cruising

Lisah101

Thanks for the link to the video. I love Rick Steves because he offers great tips on where to go and what to see, along with tips on how to save a few bucks. A few years ago he sailed Constellation to the Med. which resulted in a guidebook on cruiing there with lots of tips on what to see when you have limited time in port.

Anyone else following Rick Steve's blog? He's filming a segment to come out next year on cruising and is currently on the Reflection. He has some nice things to say about the ship!

Thanks for the link Lisa!!! Was hoping you would join us on the Eclipse TA next spring to Dublin!!! LOVE your websites for your trips!! Hope all is well!!:D

Thanks for the link Lisa!!! Was hoping you would join us on the Eclipse TA next spring to Dublin!!! LOVE your websites for your trips!! Hope all is well!!:D

We are trying all the different itineraries now, maybe South America next! At the airport at the moment going to Vancouver to board the Solstice to Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone else following Rick Steve's blog? He's filming a segment to come out next year on cruising and is currently on the Reflection. He has some nice things to say about the ship!

I don't actually think he's on Reflection at the moment, despite his blog alluding to the fact. His posts don't match the current itinerary, although it does for the previous cruise, which is when he was spotted on board.

I don't actually think he's on Reflection at the moment, despite his blog alluding to the fact. His posts don't match the current itinerary, although it does for the previous cruise, which is when he was spotted on board.

He was on the 9/1 Reflection sailing, with me and Abbydancer!!!! Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm another huge Rick Steves fan, swear by his guide books and have heard him speak in Chicago several times. I Particularly enjoyed the drunken ramblings late night on the upper deck[emoji3] which he videoed.

However, after years of looking down on cruisers (not real travelers, etc.) I think Rick is now seeing the benefits of cruise travel and is backpedaling somewhat. Rick is a very shrewd businessman and I'm sure he sees the huge potential in embracing the cruise crowd (he even mentions CC on his blog).

Personally I switch back and forth between land and cruise trips In Europe and see the benefits of both. No need to pick one over the other, just different ways to travel and see the world.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm another huge Rick Steves fan, swear by his guide books and have heard him speak in Chicago several times. I Particularly enjoyed the drunken ramblings late night on the upper deck[emoji3] which he videoed.

However, after years of looking down on cruisers (not real travelers, etc.) I think Rick is now seeing the benefits of cruise travel and is backpedaling somewhat. Rick is a very shrewd businessman and I'm sure he sees the huge potential in embracing the cruise crowd (he even mentions CC on his blog).

Personally I switch back and forth between land and cruise trips In Europe and see the benefits of both. No need to pick one over the other, just different ways to travel and see the world.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We met Rick in the Lawn Club Grill, and then moved on with him to the dance party at the pool. We are a group who met on CC, and met up in Rome pre cruise. Rick was fascinated with the relationship made online.

9072471f8d13d305db1c1df129aaec96.jpg

Thanks - nice to be back. We have been doing more "land trips" and also been on RCCL but are looking forward to our return to X in Feb. Haven't been on Silhouette yet so should be great.

So glad to see you back. Your review helped me dream big before my trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk