Angled balconies - S class Reflection

packed&ready!

Hi,

Does anyone know if all the angled 1A cabins have that "tunnel" balcony? I will be on the Reflection next year. I just saw the "tunnel" and read that the cabin was narrow. I can't call my TA to look into it until Tuesday. Celebrity told her the sofa was by the sliding door which I read was not, but that is minor compared to the ugly balcony. They should disclose that info but then probably wouldn't be able to sell that cabin. I have 9292. I love that it is close to elevators but really bummed about the size and balcony. Maybe they changed it on the Reflection? I'm hoping.

All the 1As have the larger balconies. The cabin width is exactly the same as other standard cabins. I never found the balcony to be like a tunnel and the size of them is like having an extra room. In my view it's the best part about these cabins. I don't really have a preference for bed by bathroom or balcony.

Phil

#9292 is one of the best rooms on the ship with a super-sized balcony which is about 3x bigger than the normal balconies. I have booked it twice and would happily do so again. Cabin is the same size as any other cabin. Where ever you got your info from about it being smaller...that is wrong!

Edited by little britain

Hi,

Does anyone know if all the angled 1A cabins have that "tunnel" balcony? I will be on the Reflection next year. I just saw the "tunnel" and read that the cabin was narrow. I can't call my TA to look into it until Tuesday. Celebrity told her the sofa was by the sliding door which I read was not, but that is minor compared to the ugly balcony. They should disclose that info but then probably wouldn't be able to sell that cabin. I have 9292. I love that it is close to elevators but really bummed about the size and balcony. Maybe they changed it on the Reflection? I'm hoping.

That "tunnel" affect on the balcony with staterooms on the angle with large balconies is all a bunch of crap!!! We were in 1606, 1247, and the smaller angled balcony, 9211, and believe me, there is no tunnel affect on any of the angled balconies. 9292 will not have the overhang as others that have the pool/buffet area above them. The only overhang you will have is the balcony above you.

BTW, Celebrity doesn't know crap either. That's just the picture of the cabin on their website. They don't show a picture of a stateroom with the bed by the balcony. 9292 has the bed by the balcony, and the sofa by the bath/closets.

Edited by Wine-O

Hi,

Well,if it's a tunnel when the wind blow,it really feel like a strong Hurricane.:D

Edited by Sailkeylargo

Thank you all for wonderfully quick responses! I read the info about the balcony on the "spreadsheet" on this website and the picture on the home page about unusual balconies, called the tunnel. I thought all the S-class ships are the same. I feel a whole lot better about that cabin. Everyone have a nice Sunday.

Just love this helpful website and nice people!

Thank you all for wonderfully quick responses! I read the info about the balcony on the "spreadsheet" on this website and the picture on the home page about unusual balconies, called the tunnel. I thought all the S-class ships are the same. I feel a whole lot better about that cabin. Everyone have a nice Sunday.

Just love this helpful website and nice people!

I think I know where that all started. There is a picture floating around.. of a 1A balcony. The picture was taken by someone with a "fish-eye" lens!

Ever since that picture... everyone is concerned about "the tunnel"! :rolleyes:

I wish that picture had never been posted... (Oh WAIT- I'm in a 1A on an upcoming T.A. and try to get them) Maybe I should be GLAD that picture was posted.. LOL

Kevin

We have had the large balconies on 2 of our cruises and again this month. Our rooms are Concierge Class, deck 12. The rooms are also called being on the bump. I have been told that the aft bump rooms are better than the forward bump rooms. I'm told more wind while the ship is moving. Any thoughts or knowledge? Richard

I'm relieved to read the responses, because I believe I have a similar cabin on Reflection, just down a couple of floors. We have 7286. Am I right in assuming this is also one of the larger balconies?

Pray tell though, did I read that that there are wind problems with this one, or did I dream that?

I've had an aft cabin before on Solstice and loved it, but thought this one would be larger and have some cover, so I switched from an aft to it when it became available. I'd appreciate it if you all can verify this for me. Thanks!

I'm relieved to read the responses, because I believe I have a similar cabin on Reflection, just down a couple of floors. We have 7286. Am I right in assuming this is also one of the larger balconies?

Pray tell though, did I read that that there are wind problems with this one, or did I dream that?

I've had an aft cabin before on Solstice and loved it, but thought this one would be larger and have some cover, so I switched from an aft to it when it became available. I'd appreciate it if you all can verify this for me. Thanks![/quote

Room 7286 is a aft balcony room and should be large. You should not have a wind problem. When I talked about Aft and forward I was only talking of the rooms near the elevators that are at a angle. Take your deck 7. There are 8 1A rooms forward of the elevators and 8 1A rooms aft of the elevators. The aft rooms are 7141,7143,7145,7147 and 7286,7288,7290,7292. I hope this helps. Richard

Bigbenboys, I'll still a bit confused, so I hope you'll indulge me.

I thought aft cabins were in the very back, so I guess I'm confused. Are these verandas larger and not windy.

If they are windy, since this is a transatlantic crossing, perhaps we should start eating more NOW instead of waiting to get on the ship so we can hopefully avoid being blown off into the middle of the sea. :p;)

In all seriousness, should I stick with 7286 or go back to the aft cabin I originally thought of. I like a large balcony and this I thought was one, but I also don't want to be blown off.

Thanks for any answers

I thought aft cabins were in the very back, so I guess I'm confused. Are these verandas larger and not windy.

If they are windy, since this is a transatlantic crossing, perhaps we should start eating more NOW instead of waiting to get on the ship so we can hopefully avoid being blown off into the middle of the sea. :p;)

In all seriousness, should I stick with 7286 or go back to the aft cabin I originally thought of. I like a large balcony and this I thought was one, but I also don't want to be blown off.

Thanks for any answers

I have had 7264 on Eclipse which is on the forward facing part of the angle (and if anything that would be windier) and it was very sheltered. No wind at all unless of course standing by the balcony railing.

7286 is the largest of the 1A balconies, about 3 times normal size.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

That "tunnel" affect on the balcony with staterooms on the angle with large balconies is all a bunch of crap!!! We were in 1606, 1247, and the smaller angled balcony, 9211, and believe me, there is no tunnel affect on any of the angled balconies. 9292 will not have the overhang as others that have the pool/buffet area above them. The only overhang you will have is the balcony above you.

BTW, Celebrity doesn't know crap either. That's just the picture of the cabin on their website. They don't show a picture of a stateroom with the bed by the balcony. 9292 has the bed by the balcony, and the sofa by the bath/closets.

Wine-O,

We have 9211 on the Solstice for our Australia Top End cruise. It is on the hump. I am glad to read that its balcony is a bit larger.

Wine-O,

We have 9211 on the Solstice for our Australia Top End cruise. It is on the hump. I am glad to read that its balcony is a bit larger.

It's not the largest, but only by about a foot or so in length. You'll have plenty of room out there. We chose it because it has the bed by the bath. We like that configuration best.

Thanks for any answers

We were in 7286 on the Equinox in 2012. It is on the aft angle of the hump not on the aft of the whole ship. It has the bed by the balcony.

The balcony is huge compared to the other balconies. It was covered by the balcony above and looked down on a small boat rather than a lifeboat. The view straight out was great. Wind was not an issue. On sunny days you could sit in the sun or sit near the doors in the shade. The room is quiet but very convenient to the stairs and elevators. You don't have to walk down any endless halls. (On S-class ships the aft elevators are at the hump and it is a long walk from them to the stern of the ship.)

Beautiful balcony and standard Concierge Cabin. This is view of only front half of one side of the balcony of 9296. We loved on the Eclipse and have booked on the Reflection.

No tunnel feel. Half time sunny, half time shaded. Perfect for us!

P4140055.jpg.ef62e825722c863d754fb31fc6e8d756.jpg

It will be perfect for us. I'm the sun lover and DH is always in the shade. I wish the cruise was sooner! Glad I didn't call my TA and give her a headache and make a fool of myself.

Now, does anyone want to help me with a paint color? My walls are dotted with samples and driving DH nuts! Just kidding.

Thanks all.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have arrangements to get into Rome without having to spend a fortune? When we sailed in 2011 with another couple, we used a terrific company whose driver met us as we debarked the ship. Their price is 100E, a bit more than we want to pay, but if there are others who join us, we can split the cost.

The alternative is to take a train and that involves a trek to the station via a shuttle bus to the port entrance, then walking a distance to the station. Don't know the cost, though.

Let us know if you're interested.