UK Visa for Jordan, Qatar, Oman Seabourn cruise?

galeforce9

We're due to sail on the Sojourn Athens to Dubai cruise in Autumn. Does anyone from the UK have recent Seabourn experience in this area and could tell me about the visas required and how to obtain / pay for these? The UK gov site says they are all issuable on arrival and do not require advance purchase but is local currency required? Thanks.

We're Yankees, so not sure the info we have applies to you, but SB told us we need Visa for Jordan and that SB issues it on-board. Best to check with SB and/or your travel agent. See you on board. We will be at the SkyBar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hobar of Scottsdale

1957 Staten Island Ferry

1992 Norwegian, Caribbean

February 2002 Seabourn Legend, Costa Rica to Ft. Lauderdale (via Panama canal)

December 2002 SeaDream, Caribbean

July 2003 Seabourn Spirit, Istanbul to Venice

August 2003 Seabourn Spirit, Venice to Rome

March 2004 Silversea, Mexican Riviera

February 2005 Seabourn Spirit, Singapore to Hong Kong

April 2007 Seabourn Pride, Monte Carlo to Istanbul

July 2008 No cruise but visits to Malaga and Mallorca to the homes of new friends we made on Seabourn in 2005!

March 2010 Silversea, Singapore to Dubai

December 2011 Seabourn Sojourn, Santiago to Buenos Aires

August-Sept 2013 Seabourn Quest, Monte Carlo to Barcelona

Edited by Hobar

We're Yankees, so not sure the info we have applies to you, but SB told us we need Visa for Jordan and that SB issues it on-board. Best to check with SB and/or your travel agent. See you on board. We will be at the SkyBar.

Hobar of Scottsdale

1957 Staten Island Ferry

July 2008 No cruise but visits to Malaga and Mallorca to the homes of new friends we made on Seabourn in 2005!

Thanks Hobar. We'll be quite a permanent fixture there too! Not long now :-)

We sailed on the Odyssey from Dubai to Athens in April and enjoyed it so much we have booked again for Athens to Dubai on the Sojourn.

We are UK residents and we didn't need to organise any personal visas in advance, not sure whether the ship organised any for Oman.

All passengers were required to have a "face to face" passport check with Israeli immigration before disembarking in Israel. Not a problem, it ran very smoothly.

See you on board.:)

There seem to quite a few UKers going in this cruise, including English friends we met on a previous cruise, so we know it will be a fun cruise.

Hobar of Scottsdale

1957 Staten Island Ferry

Just remember not to talk to them about cricket at the moment...

If you don't know why I say that, just ask any Brit on the cruise...

I will have to try to remember that and hope that the bar beverages do not make me forget. Thx for the advice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember not to talk to them about cricket at the moment...

If you don't know why I say that, just ask any Brit on the cruise...

You can mention the Women's cricket. Their doing well.

Luckily on our cruise the Brits we got to know weren't interested in cricket.........or just very polite.:)

Julie

You can mention the Women's cricket. Their doing well.

Luckily on our cruise the Brits we got to know weren't interested in cricket.........or just very polite.:)

Julie

We're all interested in cricket at the moment!!

Bringing this back on topic a little....thanks for all the replies so far. Looking forward to meeting you on board that will be sailing on this cruise. Currently finding it difficult to pick which trips to do in Israel. Too many interesting places! If anyone does have UK visa info to share still please feel free.

• 2 years later...

All passengers were required to have a "face to face" passport check with Israeli immigration before disembarking in Israel. Not a problem, it ran very smoothly.

If we need a visa for Israel & dont have it, can we remain onboard the ship or will the cruiseline debark us before reaching Israel?

We did Athens to Singapore which included the leg you are on. The only visa we needed to arrange in advance was for India but that came after your section.

As has been mentioned there was a quick wander through the terminal in Israel passport in hand but a 5 minute affair at our leisure after breakfast.

No fees to pay in local currency. There might have been a small charge to the on board account I can't remember but nothing huge. India cost us over £100 per person and had to be arranged before we left the UK !

Henry :)

The only visa we needed to arrange in advance was for India cost us over £100 per person and had to be arranged before we left the UK !

£100 is nothing compared to what UK charges Indians for a 10 year UK visa-

Rs. 77385 equivalent to £918 !!!

This has to be arranged well in advance of reaching the UK.

We're due to sail on the Sojourn Athens to Dubai cruise in Autumn. Does anyone from the UK have recent Seabourn experience in this area and could tell me about the visas required and how to obtain / pay for these? The UK gov site says they are all issuable on arrival and do not require advance purchase but is local currency required? Thanks.

We were in Aqaba, Jordan in early December 2016 - Thomsons obtained the Visa as part of the service. UK Passport retained at cruise embarkation in Malaga and Visa sorted out 'behind the scenes'- we just had to match our Excursion Ticket to the Coach number and enjoy a fascinating pre-Petra talk by the local guide and a superb Guided Tour within Petra itself! I could do the Petra visit again - and again - and probably again! Enjoy the trip!

We were on the Odyssey in Nov 12 from Athens to Dubai, we did not have to arrange any visas ourselves. we are from the Uk. It was an interesting trip, Petra in Jordan is a must see, all trips we arranged with Seabourn on this cruise.

£100 is nothing compared to what UK charges Indians for a 10 year UK visa-

Rs. 77385 equivalent to £918 !!!

This has to be arranged well in advance of reaching the UK.

Pro-rata a bargain compared to our £40 per day ! Our Indian tourist visa also had to be arranged well in advance.

We are taking the same cruise next fall Henry. Quite excited as it offers all new destinations for us. Any advice you can offer for either leg?

Thanks in advance.

We did a Segway tour in Israel which was great.

Book afternoon tea in advance for the Emirates Palace hotel Abu Dhabi and, assuming you have a late departure, visit the Grand Mosque (the Blue Mosque) as the sun starts to fall. It is spectacular all lit up.

Mumbai I took a local taxi and had a late lunch at the Taj Hotel with a window seat overlooking the Gateway to India.

Cochin, another local taxi tour then a buffet lunch and swim in the pool at the Malabar hotel very close to the ship. It's about $30 for the buffet lunch & resort access.

Langkawi we got dropped off at the beach by the free shuttle then walked all the way to the far end. A hotel with decent restaurant & seating. Also has a pool if you are cheeky. Other ship guests had to rent a room as they didn't offer resort access. No problem wandering in for lunch or a drink though.

Singapore has loads to do so take your pick.

Well firstly I'm not convinced there is that much of a premium to the pricing. Compared to an inside broom cupboard yes, but price up a circa 300 sq ft cabin on any of the other lines plus whatever they charge for unlimited drinks & speciality dining and I'm not sure there will be much change if any.

Our first SB cruise was cheaper than one I priced on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas.

But lets assume there was a difference. On Seabourn you can relax, you are treated like a human being, the answer is yes, no crowds, wonderful service, no constant up selling and wonderful food.

Next time you are relaxing by the pool on any of the other lines you mention ask the bar guy if he could bring you some sun cream :)

I bet they don't automatically bring some wipes for your sunglasses as well.....