Viking Welcome Back Gift

roberts2005

I'm not sure if this counts; on our Rhine Getaway last month (2nd Viking cruise) we were invited to a cocktail reception for returning guests. Captain and all the management crew were there. Nice nibbles and top shelf liquor.

They did an aquavit tasting and when we returned to our room there were 2 aquavit glasses and a thank you note.

Frank

We are booked on a cruise embarking in November. We received an email with a link to a website where we could each choose from a selection of welcome back gifts - things like a shopping bag and a toiletries case. I entered our choices, and the items came in the mail.

Edited by NavyVeteran

We are booked on a cruise embarking in November. We received an email with a link to a website where we could each choose from a selection of welcome back gifts - things like a shopping bag and a toiletries case. I entered our choices, and the items came in the mail.

Sounds like I need to contact Viking. Never got any email or chance to choose

Dear roberts2005 and franski,

Our loyalty program, Viking Explorer Society, underwent an exciting renovation during the majority of the 2015 season. The program is now complete and email notifications that detail your gifts are just starting to roll out. We expect that all guests who traveled this year will receive an email by the end of November.

Thank you for your patience during this construction period. If you still do not receive an email by the end of November, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Just wondering if anyone received a welcome back gift after their recent cruise.

Did two separate cruises in July and nothing was received

Interesting.... We never got that either. And, have traveled with them twice - # 3 is in just over 2 weeks.

Fran

• 2 weeks later...
Very interesting indeed! We took our 5th trip with Viking this past May-June and have the 6th booked for next April. Never have received any Welcome Back gift nor letter or email.

see earlier post on this thread from Viking..

We expect that all guests who traveled this year will receive an email by the end of November.

I too will have to wait patiently for the end of November ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I received our Welcome Back gift offer, via email on October 22 (We leave December 10th). I think we had about 6 choices, including the luggage tags, which I thought strange, because sure enough, when I received our cruise documents this past Thursday included were 2-more luggage tags.

I selected the travel blanket/pillow.

When we received our cruise documents they were not in the zipper travel case that is handy for holding passports and papers and such, but in a toiletry case.

We did a Viking Grand European Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam in August. I hadn't heard about a welcome back gift. It would be a nice touch. We celebrated an anniversary during the trip and did receive a box of candy for that and there were two tiny bottles of cologne on our last day.

Dear skorpios,

Welcome home! We are honored you chose Viking to help celebrate your anniversary and hope you found your experience to be enjoyable.

Our apologies if you have not yet received an email welcoming you to the Viking Explorer Society – our loyalty program. To assist us in determining why your email has not arrived, please provide as with your booking details at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

We look forward to your email and hope to welcome you aboard again soon on another river.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

We did a Viking Grand European Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam in August. I hadn't heard about a welcome back gift. It would be a nice touch. We celebrated an anniversary during the trip and did receive a box of candy for that and there were two tiny bottles of cologne on our last day.

Interesting - we celebrated our 43rd anniversary aboard the Kvasir in August. I did tell the (is it the hotel manager?). We didn't get anything on the day other than the restaurant manager stopping by the table to wish us happy anniversary. There are obviously differences ship to ship.

Still waiting for whatever the welcome back gift might be.

FM

Interesting - we celebrated our 43rd anniversary aboard the Kvasir in August. I did tell the (is it the hotel manager?). We didn't get anything on the day other than the restaurant manager stopping by the table to wish us happy anniversary. There are obviously differences ship to ship.

FM

I don't know if it had anything to do with the ship or not. It was our fiftieth anniversary, but I'm also not sure about that. Another couple we met on the ship received candy and a bottle of champagne, but it was not their first cruise. I do think it was up to the hotel manager, though.

I responded to the Viking representative and she wrote back telling me that the welcome back gift would be sent to us a few weeks before our next cruise, which is one of their new ocean cruises, next May, the Viking Homelands Cruise. So the welcome back means welcome back to Viking, rather than welcome back home I gather from her reply.

I hope this helps!

I guess we're waiting patiently here, too! Took a Christmas Market cruise last December. Never heard a thing. DW was looking through the latest 2016/2017 cruise brochure and asked, "How do you know when you qualify for the Viking Explorer Society?". Getting ready to book another cruise but have second thoughts now. We'll see what happens after November.

I guess we're waiting patiently here, too! Took a Christmas Market cruise last December. Never heard a thing. DW was looking through the latest 2016/2017 cruise brochure and asked, "How do you know when you qualify for the Viking Explorer Society?". Getting ready to book another cruise but have second thoughts now. We'll see what happens after November.

In rereading everything a little more carefully, I think it is a Welcome Back to Viking gift, not welcome back home.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all -

We did receive the e-mail - and have picked our gift.

They were mostly travel related - and both DH and I picked a set of travel cubes. The e-mail said they would be here in 4-6 weeks ... will let you know when they arrive.

Fran

FM

We celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary aboard the Fontane in May this year. We didn't "announce" it - but we went to the lounge for a drink on our anniversary, and mentioned it to the bartender when we ordered (we didn't usually have a drink in the evening - and they noticed this was a different pattern....). When our drinks arrived, the bartender indicated they were compliments of the hotel manager.

Another couple were sailing to celebrate their 20th anniversary this year - although it wasn't until after the cruise. We were chatting over lunch about this (the day after our anniversary). Later that day - after we returned from the excursion - we both found a bottle of wine in our cabin - with a note wishing us a Happy Anniversary, and signed by the senior staff.

Fran

I guess I don't get what the welcome home gift would be either, we took France's finest in July, which would be our 2nd and 3rd river cruise and we are booked on the Star in July 2016 so I guess it is not a welcome home or welcome back gift.

Dear Bigred84,

The Welcome Back gift described by the original poster is a new addition to our Viking Explorer Society program. Since the program was revamped in 2015, you will receive the gift email in question before your July 2016 cruise.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you aboard again next year!

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

I guess I don't get what the welcome home gift would be either, we took France's finest in July, which would be our 2nd and 3rd river cruise and we are booked on the Star in July 2016 so I guess it is not a welcome home or welcome back gift.

We celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary aboard the Fontane in May this year. We didn't "announce" it - but we went to the lounge for a drink on our anniversary, and mentioned it to the bartender when we ordered (we didn't usually have a drink in the evening - and they noticed this was a different pattern....). When our drinks arrived, the bartender indicated they were compliments of the hotel manager.

Another couple were sailing to celebrate their 20th anniversary this year - although it wasn't until after the cruise. We were chatting over lunch about this (the day after our anniversary). Later that day - after we returned from the excursion - we both found a bottle of wine in our cabin - with a note wishing us a Happy Anniversary, and signed by the senior staff.

Fran

We celebrated our 10th anniversary on board the Odin last December and when we came back from our walking tour our cabin had been decorated with two towel animals in the shape of swans making a heart, "rose" petals on the bed, a bottle of sparkling wine on ice, and a card from our room steward. That night at dinner the maitre'd brought over to our table a glass of champagne for everyone at the table.

We will be on the Hemming for our 11th anniversary. Will have to wait and see if we get anything "special"

We did our first Viking cruise in June.

I e mailed them as we did not get a gift.Viking called the next day to say its a welcome back to VIKING gift not a welcome home gift.You will get the gift after your second cruise with Viking.E mail Viking they will call you back....