Oasis of the Seas Wedding?

We are officially booked for our 2017 wedding cruise but I have a few questions... Have any of you wonderful fellow cruisers been married on the oasis or allure? On on RCCL in general. If so what was your experience like? I haven't found a lot of information about the oasis on these boards. Any/all help will be appreciated!

Welcome Katie! :D There's not a whole lot of information on Royal but there is some. If you go to my Anthem of the Seas posting there's a lady in there ariawoman who was married on oasis. She wrote some stuff about it there.:D

My friend was married on the Oasis in December of 2013. She's on Cruise Critic and I will direct her to this thread so she can answer any questions you have.

(Heh - Cruiser TB - I just read your post - that's my friend, ariawoman.) ;)

Yeah, I'm "the friend" lol.

I was married on the Oasis back when the Oasis had a chapel. (12/2013). Had my reception in Dazzles (nice venue/great view out).

Dealing with Royal Romance is....less than fun...however, they got my license for me (as I was getting married in FLL and live in NJ) and for the most part, there aren't many "hard" decisions involved. Also found a great mobile hair/makeup team in FLL. Feel free to ask away if you have specific questions :-)

My wedding was small....about 24 people I think...13 non sailing and 11 sailing, i think? I don't even remember specifically LOL. Very small. But, it was right for us.

Thank you all so much! Ariawoman I'm sure I will definitely have plenty of questions along the way and I hope you don't mind! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful and you made a gorgeous bride!

First question I have so far is what options they gave you for your ceremony locations?

It depends on how many people you'll be having. I didn't want any other options other than the chapel, so I didn't go into it much. Central park was an option but i think you needed less then 12 people or something really small. Even my wedding wasn't THAT small.

We are officially booked for our 2017 wedding cruise but I have a few questions... Have any of you wonderful fellow cruisers been married on the oasis or allure? On on RCCL in general. If so what was your experience like? I haven't found a lot of information about the oasis on these boards. Any/all help will be appreciated!

Our daughter was married on Liberty last year. Everything the ship did was outstanding, they went out of their way to make everything perfect.

However, making the arrangements with Royal Romance was frustrating and unpleasant. Communications was difficult, emails and phone call messages went unanswered for weeks. One example, they did not pass to the ship the spa reservations for the bridal party to get their hair done. So when the girls showed up to get their hair done, there was only one hairdresser available and it took until right before the wedding to finish. Net result was no pre-wedding photos, so photos had to be taken during the reception, taking time away from that.

All I can suggest is to keep on their case, and if they tell you some specific person is unavailable, then demand to speak to whoever is available. Also try to get the email address of the group coordinator on the ship so you can confirm arrangements, since Royal Romance appears to have a communications problem.

Edited by clarea

Just some info from someone who attended a wedding on the Allure February 8, 2016. As a wedding guest i would have thought everything went perfect but since my daughter was in the wedding i got the scoop afterwards. The wedding was in Dazzles and they were married by the captain who was very nice.

NOT good!!!! Both the land based company and the staff on Royal made many errors. The bridge and groom were so upset.

Just to name a few......no flowers delivered to the cabin in time for pre-wedding photos. No wedding planner anywhere until after the start time. no music playing while the attendants and bride walked down the aisle (until someone attending the wedding went and told the wedding coordinator). Some drinks did not have any alcohol in them, just virgin rum punch. wrong cake flavors were served. Wedding coordinator did not know anything about having a first dance/father daughter dance or mother son dance (again until a guest told her to check the brides wedding music list where it was clearly listed).

Just horrible things that ruined the experience for the bride and groom.

Just giving some examples so that those of you getting married on a Royal ship can be aware of some issues. Ask your wedding coordinator on the ship how many wedding she has done. it turns out that for this wedding that this coordinator had only done 5 and that she had no training prior.

Plus if things go wrong with items that have been paid for, like the alcohol, food, music, cake etc.....that the ship staff has no control over any of that. They will tell you that you will need to contact and deal with the land based company itself after you are back in the states.

But like I said....from a guest perspective, the wedding was beautiful and the bride and groom looked amazing.

Here are a few photos taken by the cruise line photographer. :-)

MAC_0159-36.jpg

MAC_0190-56.jpg

MAC_0208-62.jpg

MAC_0302-94.jpg

MAC_0310-97.jpg

MAC_0453-152.jpg

That should give you an idea. Later I got a photo on the carousel on the boardwalk (Mona took it!).

I'm getting married on the Allure in August! We have booked Dazzles for our venue too. Any other tips or suggestions? We have 58 guests at the moment and 42 of them are sailing with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, wears getting married on the harmony of the seas May 31st this year - eeek, so exciting!

We have found the Royal romance team less than helpful. My travel agent has been able to help/assist us more than our 'wedding planner' not that I would call her that as she hasn't planned much at all for us. And now I am getting undeliverable email responses from her email address for the last 2 days! Really not impressed but I'm sure all will be ok when we get on board...I will let you know seeing as we will be all confirmed and married before your date.

We are actually getting no married in dazzles though and having the chefs table for our wedding breakfast. Still lots of other bits to book and plan!

• 2 months later...

We are getting married on the Allure in August. Everything has been fairly smooth despite my wedding planner leaving RC a few months ago.

We are having an embarkation wedding in Dazzles and the hot canapés reception in Dazzles also. We currently have 49 guests, 38 of them sailing. I am going back and forth about extending the reception, due to most people sailing. We are not interested in having all of the traditional things during the reception.

I'm now trying to finalize the last few things. I hope to post a review after the experience. Feel free to ask me questions, I may have an answer.

We are getting married on Oasis on 4.18!!! So excited! I have found through the groups department I really don't need to use Royal Weddings. We want an at sea day as wedding day and will be legally married so don't need an officiant. The Bahamian marriage license is ridiculous of what they charge you so we will go to the courthouse right before the cruise. We are able to still book a room and a reception with the groups department. Just a suggestion. Groups is very helpful!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We are looking at getting married on the Harmony. I just realized there are no longer chapels. What options (other than dazzles) are there for places to get married on board?

We are getting married on 10/8 on Harmony of the Seas.. besides Dazzles we were only offered one other place, the attic, which didnt look very "wedding friendly" at all.

We are getting married on Oasis on 4.18!!! So excited! I have found through the groups department I really don't need to use Royal Weddings. We want an at sea day as wedding day and will be legally married so don't need an officiant. The Bahamian marriage license is ridiculous of what they charge you so we will go to the courthouse right before the cruise. We are able to still book a room and a reception with the groups department. Just a suggestion. Groups is very helpful!

Hi Nicolecooper,

I'm new to the board, but am looking to book soon onto Oasis for my wedding departing 8th April 2018 around Eastern Caribbean! Is it the same as yours? We want to have our legal ceremony at sea. Being based in the UK, we want to do the legal paperwork on board, getting a Bahamian maritime marriage licence, for which we will need the help of a RC wedding planner.

Not heard about being able to get a room and reception booked with groups! Have you managed to plan any details like flowers, cake, etc if you're having them for the room/reception?

• 2 weeks later...
We are getting married on 10/8 on Harmony of the Seas.. besides Dazzles we were only offered one other place, the attic, which didnt look very "wedding friendly" at all.

Our DD is thinking about getting married on the Harmony on October 8th too! But it's next year in 2017. Is yours this year or next or later?:rolleyes: If it's sooner than hers, would love to hear how it goes!!;)

Hi Katie! We just got back yesterday from the oasis eastern Caribbean. We got married at sea the third day in. It was just the two of us. We chose Dazzles which I highly recommend. It's a beautiful two story lounge. Instead of walking down the aisle, I walked down the stairs which was beautiful and made for some great pics. Our photographer was Vaniva. She was great! I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of our pics. Very professional. She told us exactly how to pose etc. she had us all over the ship! Very happy with our pics. The captain, Rob married us. Very nice and soft spoken. He was really nice and even stayed afterwards to talk to us. Very personable. I chose the 12 rose ivory bouquet which was very nice and fresh. I only got 11 though. The wedding planner Rose was a young girl from Florida. Very sweet but inexperienced. When I asked her which leg the garter went on, she said I'm not sure. She seemed very nervous. It took 5 min to pin the boutenire on and she broke it. She then said to the photographer oh we can just take it out of the brides bouquet. I was already short one rose! We chose the piano player. That was worth it. They decorate the room with two pillars And very large white floral arrangements which were pretty and not tacky.

Ok the royal wedding dept in Miami....ugh where do I start. An absolute nightmare! Super unorganized and unprofessional. You are assigned one wedding planner. Well, we were passed around to 3 different ones. They lost our info and we had to do one phone call all over again. They would set up a scheduled call and never call. That happened twice. They sent me the wrong couples info. It does take a week for them to get back to you. A couple times I had to resend the email. They would always apologize, which after a while that got annoying. I mean a couple of mess ups is fine but over and over and over?? Not good. I told her I wanted to get my makeup done. She said they don't do that. I spent a lot of money on makeup and watched you tube videos for Weeks to learn how to do it. When I got on the cruise I went to the spa. They asked me why I wasn't getting my make up done. Lol. They recommended it. So I booked for hair and makeup. Russel was my hair and makeup guy and he was pretty good. It was 200 bucks for both. Took 1.5 hours. A little pricey but it's a cruise. They also told me on the phone that I could put my dress in my room as soon as I got on the ship. Yeah that was a lie also. Just remember the people In Miami know nothing!!! Keep that in mind. You have to keep the dress and tux with you until 1:30pm. We walked around w 15 lb dress for 2 hours. The one thing they fail to tell you is that you have VIP access to all the shows except the comedy show. Get there 15 min early and you can get in. We had dinner in 150 Central Park and it was great. Nice romantic restaurant and the food was incredible. Not a huge main entree but we were stuffed at the end. The food in the main dining room is fair. It was my tenth cruise and it was the worst food out of any cruise. We aren't picky either.

When we reviewed the pics, she did try to Upsell like 6 times. It's all about making extra money on this ship. Even russel the hair guy. He tried selling me a 150 dollar face cream. He set his own prices and I feel he overcharged me but I wasn't worried about. Afterall I was getting married in an hour!! I will post pics for you. Please ask me anything. I am happy to help you!! Try to have fun with the planning.

Oh yeah the day of wedding the wedding planner came to my room to help me get dressed. Then the photographer came to the room to start pics in the room and she walked me down to Dazzles. That was nice. Ok I hope this helped!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Newlywedz16, thank you for sharing your experience. We are getting married on Oasis in an at-sea ceremony on June 8 in Dazzles. So far, we have about 20 guests, but we didn't go through groups because we found that the group rate was less of a deal than watching the website and calling when new specials are announced. I hope that's not going to cause a problem. I've heard that dealing with Royal Weddings is a pain, so I kind of expect that. I'm pretty easygoing, so as long as they get the Bahamian maritime license for us, I can deal with any other minor hiccups. The soon-to-be DH just wants to show up, say, " I do. Do you," and be done. Thanks for the information about VIP access.

We were given the choice of either Dazzles or Jazz on 4, so for us, it was an easy decision.

I also found this blog on Reddit, which really gave some great insight and advice:

My email address is: jtucker@tds.net if you have any further information or advice you can share.

Thanks,

Jeanne

• 2 months later...
Hi Katie! We just got back yesterday from the oasis eastern Caribbean. We got married at sea the third day in. It was just the two of us. We chose Dazzles which I highly recommend. It's a beautiful two story lounge. Instead of walking down the aisle, I walked down the stairs which was beautiful and made for some great pics. Our photographer was Vaniva. She was great! I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of our pics. Very professional. She told us exactly how to pose etc. she had us all over the ship! Very happy with our pics. The captain, Rob married us. Very nice and soft spoken. He was really nice and even stayed afterwards to talk to us. Very personable. I chose the 12 rose ivory bouquet which was very nice and fresh. I only got 11 though. The wedding planner Rose was a young girl from Florida. Very sweet but inexperienced. When I asked her which leg the garter went on, she said I'm not sure. She seemed very nervous. It took 5 min to pin the boutenire on and she broke it. She then said to the photographer oh we can just take it out of the brides bouquet. I was already short one rose! We chose the piano player. That was worth it. They decorate the room with two pillars And very large white floral arrangements which were pretty and not tacky.

Ok the royal wedding dept in Miami....ugh where do I start. An absolute nightmare! Super unorganized and unprofessional. You are assigned one wedding planner. Well, we were passed around to 3 different ones. They lost our info and we had to do one phone call all over again. They would set up a scheduled call and never call. That happened twice. They sent me the wrong couples info. It does take a week for them to get back to you. A couple times I had to resend the email. They would always apologize, which after a while that got annoying. I mean a couple of mess ups is fine but over and over and over?? Not good. I told her I wanted to get my makeup done. She said they don't do that. I spent a lot of money on makeup and watched you tube videos for Weeks to learn how to do it. When I got on the cruise I went to the spa. They asked me why I wasn't getting my make up done. Lol. They recommended it. So I booked for hair and makeup. Russel was my hair and makeup guy and he was pretty good. It was 200 bucks for both. Took 1.5 hours. A little pricey but it's a cruise. They also told me on the phone that I could put my dress in my room as soon as I got on the ship. Yeah that was a lie also. Just remember the people In Miami know nothing!!! Keep that in mind. You have to keep the dress and tux with you until 1:30pm. We walked around w 15 lb dress for 2 hours. The one thing they fail to tell you is that you have VIP access to all the shows except the comedy show. Get there 15 min early and you can get in. We had dinner in 150 Central Park and it was great. Nice romantic restaurant and the food was incredible. Not a huge main entree but we were stuffed at the end. The food in the main dining room is fair. It was my tenth cruise and it was the worst food out of any cruise. We aren't picky either.

When we reviewed the pics, she did try to Upsell like 6 times. It's all about making extra money on this ship. Even russel the hair guy. He tried selling me a 150 dollar face cream. He set his own prices and I feel he overcharged me but I wasn't worried about. Afterall I was getting married in an hour!! I will post pics for you. Please ask me anything. I am happy to help you!! Try to have fun with the planning.

Oh yeah the day of wedding the wedding planner came to my room to help me get dressed. Then the photographer came to the room to start pics in the room and she walked me down to Dazzles. That was nice. Ok I hope this helped!!

Hi there,

I am fairly new to this myself, I am considering getting married on the Harmony on the Seas next year. I may have 80 guests. I am confused about the pricing and what it includes, I emailed them some questions and waiting on a reply. I have only ever been on one cruise so not a pro. I am considering getting married on the 3rd day at sea. There is very little info out there so I would appreciate any kind of advise or suggestions. I am not from the states and all my guests are coming from Europe.

thanks Teresa

There is a lot more information on some of the other social media sites. There is a group called Royal Caribbean Brides on the website with the little 'f' as the logo. I have learned a lot from people who have had previous experience with Royal Celebrations.

We are 64 days out from our wedding in Dazzles, and I am waiting to have my first call with my planner. We just sent our worksheet in yesterday, so it's getting exciting!