Roatan, Belize, Cozumel excursions with toddler

linden6

Any recommendations? Also, do any of the beach excursions in these ports offer beach toys for a 2 year old?

We did an excursion in Cozumel to a private beach place (booked through cruise line) that had a kids play area (open to families) and a kids program (not sure of ages as I did not have my 2 year old with me that trip) and they did have some buckets and toys. It did require a boat ride of maybe 20-30 minutes to get to it so I am not sure how well your little one would do with that. If it sounds like something you are interested in I can try to look up the name of it.

Hi, in Cozumel we hit star bucks and shop if at the right pier, or just shop if at the other. Last time, and next, I'm just staying on ship.

You can see what excursions are offered through The cruise line.

Honestly, I like staying on the ship with littles. Dd wasn't willing to use public restrooms, if we even found one clean. The ship is fun for littles. Late breakfast, splash pad or pool, walk around, lunch in mdr.

I haven't been to the other ports with kids. I'd pack a few little toys. Kid can use in pool/splash area as well.

Our son really loved the 3 cruises he's taken between the ages of 2 and 3, and he had a wonderful time on the excursions. We always booked private excursions so we could return to the ship for his nap. We were also able to control the itinerary, staying longer at destinations that interested him and skipping through less interesting destinations. We brought a lot of the boxed cereal from the ship. Whenever my son got fussy, I'd give him some food and it would cheer him right up.

The Belize zoo is outstanding for young children - it's one of the nicest zoos I've visited, and it is small so it is the perfect scale for young toddlers.

In Roatan, Honduras, if you book with Bodden adventures you can go to Victor Bodden's house where you can feed and play with monkeys in his backyard. There are also parrots and other animals there that children can touch. There is also a nice iguana farm for kids in Roatan. The South Shore eco walk was outstanding, but my 3 year old needed some assistance. We weren't able to let our son walk unaided (the guide was worried he could slip through the rail on the sides of the eco bridges), and this was a bit challenging for us physically. If you can easily carry your two year old, or won't have trouble holding their hands on the eco bridges it is a very nice excursion. You can see many of the options available in Roatan on the Bodden adventure website, since they will arrange a private tour of whichever attractions you'd like to visit: http://boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm . Please note that the only thing I'd not recommend is their zip line, as some of the trip advisor reviewers seemed to feel it had some safety issues. The south shore eco walk has a zip line, and it goes near the eco bridges so you can get great pictures if a member of your party wants to go zip lining.

gymbomb your private beach excursion sounds perfect for our family.

I looked it up, it was Passion Island beach day. We were on NCL, but I know there were people from several other cruise lines including Carnival and Princess there with us. It included lunch and drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did Passion Island in December with a just turned 3 year old and it was brilliant! A play area with slides and trampolines for toddlers and they lent us a bucket and spade for building sand castles. They had some big swinging beds on the beach which gave plenty of shade. My only complaint was that the excursion wasn't long enough!

We just finished our cruise with NCL Getaway Apr 24-May 1 with 2 adults, a 2 year old and a senior.

Here's what we did:

Roatan - Booked a private tour with Victor Bodden. Stopped at Victor's Monkey Business to see some monkeys, birds and deer. :) Drove through West End. Spent some time on Paradise resort on West Bay Beach.

We would do everything above again but not at Paradise Resort :( (bad food, drinks that were not cold, and long bathroom/changeroom lineups).

Belize - Stayed on the ship (tiring day in Roatan the day previous) for a relaxing day.

Costa Maya - Took the tram ($3 pp) (or take a taxi $2 pp) to the Malecon. We walked the boardwalk towards the lighthouse (toddler in a stroller) - be warned - it was hot! Beach clubs and peddlers along the walk. We decided to stop and settle at Blue Kay for a quiet beach day and lunch. :) If we do this itinerary again, we might have just gone straight to Blue Kay and skip the walk. Taxi back to port ($2 pp)

Cozumel - Walked off the ship and grabbed some souvenirs at the port and some cool drinks at Starbucks. Depending on your cruise line, you may dock at a different port. We then took a cab to Paradise Beach. $17 cab ride that took about 20 minutes. Admission $3 pp. They ask that each adult orders a minimum of $10 of food/drink. If you want to use all the water toys add $18 for each person who wants to take advantage. We loved it. Myself, toddler and senior chilled out on the beach and swam in the water. Husband played with water toys. Perfect stop for us as it was a pay-as-you-go. :) We would do this again in a heartbeat! :)

Whatever you do, have lots of fun! Happy planning!!!

We did Playa Mia in Cozumel. We booked through RCI but you can book it on your own as well. It was great! They have a beach area which was fine but the water park/pool area was fantastic. Our 2.5 year old had a blast - the water is shallow and there are slides, sprayers, geysers and plenty of water activities in that area. It also included buffet which was surprisingly good and drinks as well. We would definitely do again.

We did this itinerary in April with our three year old and had a blast. We did Boddens Monkey business tour & ended at Banarama beach resort in Roatán. We did the snorkel excursion to Goffs Caye in Belize, Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and the Malecon in Costa Maya. She had a great time playing on the beach at ALL of those places. We found a little $5 bag of sand toys in one of the ports and she was happy with those the whole trip.

• 1 year later...
We just finished our cruise with NCL Getaway Apr 24-May 1 with 2 adults, a 2 year old and a senior.

Here's what we did:

Roatan - Booked a private tour with Victor Bodden. Stopped at Victor's Monkey Business to see some monkeys, birds and deer. :) Drove through West End. Spent some time on Paradise resort on West Bay Beach.

We would do everything above again but not at Paradise Resort :( (bad food, drinks that were not cold, and long bathroom/changeroom lineups).

Belize - Stayed on the ship (tiring day in Roatan the day previous) for a relaxing day.

Costa Maya - Took the tram ($3 pp) (or take a taxi $2 pp) to the Malecon. We walked the boardwalk towards the lighthouse (toddler in a stroller) - be warned - it was hot! Beach clubs and peddlers along the walk. We decided to stop and settle at Blue Kay for a quiet beach day and lunch. :) If we do this itinerary again, we might have just gone straight to Blue Kay and skip the walk. Taxi back to port ($2 pp)

Cozumel - Walked off the ship and grabbed some souvenirs at the port and some cool drinks at Starbucks. Depending on your cruise line, you may dock at a different port. We then took a cab to Paradise Beach. $17 cab ride that took about 20 minutes. Admission $3 pp. They ask that each adult orders a minimum of $10 of food/drink. If you want to use all the water toys add $18 for each person who wants to take advantage. We loved it. Myself, toddler and senior chilled out on the beach and swam in the water. Husband played with water toys. Perfect stop for us as it was a pay-as-you-go. :) We would do this again in a heartbeat! :)

Whatever you do, have lots of fun! Happy planning!!!

Did you take your own car seat?

We did this itinerary in April with our three year old and had a blast. We did Boddens Monkey business tour & ended at Banarama beach resort in Roatán. We did the snorkel excursion to Goffs Caye in Belize, Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and the Malecon in Costa Maya. She had a great time playing on the beach at ALL of those places. We found a little $5 bag of sand toys in one of the ports and she was happy with those the whole trip.

How were you transportated there? Did they provide a car seat?

• 4 months later...

I agree with cruisinqueen2013 that Playa Mia is a great option with little ones. They have a nice pool and a great kid area. I also like that they have the beach. We personally love going to paradise beach now that my kids the older, they have a beautiful beach and pool. The pool is great because it has a large section maybe 20-30 feet where the water is shallow. They didn’t have pool toys but you can easily plan for that ahead of time some dollar store blow up toys. 2a361c828726e713febd1afa3efb8ed0.jpg paradise beach 0bd02852c0e17e654bee28cf8d3c8837.jpg playa Mia