Draft beer

copi2boys

Does ANY cruise ship on any line have draft beer? (I'm serious, never seen it and would love to know!)

Every cruise line I have sailed on has offered Draft beer at least at one bar, though there are times when they run out. Most often an atrium or pool bar, maybe one of the secondary larger lounges as well. Often times the taps are not obvious and you have to ask. If the tap is not used frequently the keg can go off, so even though a bar may have a tap they may not stock it if it's not frequently used.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Just a little bit of history, that may or may not be of interest to the beer lovers on here, prompted by somebody saying they had Newcastle Brown Ale on draught on one of the ships..

I was born...brought up and lived in Newcastle for 45 years.

Scottish and Newcastle Breweries, who made both Brown and Amber ales in bottles owned the vast majority of pubs (bars) in Newcastle and the surrounding areas. The overwhelming majority of their drinkers drank their draugh beers...Newcastle Exhibition and Newcastle Scotch. Most pubs had one or two old timers (alchos) that drank Brown Ale. I cannot ever remember seeing anyone in any of their pubs drinking Amber Ale. Both Brown and Amber were only ever sold in pint bottles.

For any football (soccer) fans out there the old Scottish And Newcastle Brewery was adjacent to to Newcastle's football ground St James Park which is very near the city centre and you could always smell malt in the ground.

Scottish and Newcastle were taken over many years ago and they no longer brew in the city.

I believe that the eventually owners are Heinekken, but the idea that Newcastle Brown Ale is a craft beer, whether in bottles or on draught is beyond proposterous.

• 4 months later...
It most likely is a result of Celebrity setting the price for Draft just above the $6 limit for beers on the Classic Package ....... funny about that huh?! :o

I'm sailing on the Infinity thru the Panama Canal to San Diego in October and was just told by a customer service person, that there is no draft beer on anyCelebrity ships.....is she misinformed ya think??

My nephew wanted Guinness. He had to upgrade to premium drink package to get the bottled Guinness.

I had the following last week, most were good:

Delirium Nocturnum

O'Hara's Irish Red

Einbecher

Duvel (my fave)

Delerium Tremens

Brooklyn Brown

Dopplebock

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

La Fin Du Monde

Lagunitas Little Sumpin

Birra Moretti L'Autentica

I had the following last week, most were good:

Delirium Nocturnum

O'Hara's Irish Red

Einbecher

Duvel (my fave)

Delerium Tremens

Brooklyn Brown

Dopplebock

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

La Fin Du Monde

Lagunitas Little Sumpin

Birra Moretti L'Autentica

Bottle or draft? If draft that's pretty good. Regret I missed it on my recent Eclipse TA.

I do my share of drinking beer at brew pubs and purchasing craft beers. Belong to many mug clubs.

Recently on the Equinox and tried just about every beer except those that were over the premium limit. One was $35 for the bottle.

For some reason none of the beers tasted good to me and that includes those that I regularly drink and like.

They did have a few different beers in the Gasto Pub on tap. Don't remember what they were. There is someone that posted a live review while on the Equinox last week and posted every menu so you can see what is available at that bar.

Drink up 🍹🍺🍸🍷

I do my share of drinking beer at brew pubs and purchasing craft beers. Belong to many mug clubs.

Recently on the Equinox and tried just about every beer except those that were over the premium limit. One was $35 for the bottle.

For some reason none of the beers tasted good to me and that includes those that I regularly drink and like.

They did have a few different beers in the Gasto Pub on tap. Don't remember what they were. There is someone that posted a live review while on the Equinox last week and posted every menu so you can see what is available at that bar.

Drink up 🍹🍺🍸🍷

\

Last week on Equinox, it was only Heineken, Heineken Light and Newcastle on tap in the Gastro.

• 4 months later...
\

Last week on Equinox, it was only Heineken, Heineken Light and Newcastle on tap in the Gastro.

They must have finally ran out and decided that there wasn't enough demand for them.

Drink up 🍷🍺🍸🍹