Port Restaurants - Huahine and Bora Bora

MarLieb

Hi everyone! We were thinking of having two meals off the ship on our upcoming sailing. It looks like we could have lunch at the Huahine Yacht Club during our day there - does anyone know if that is within walking distance of the port?

Also, we will be in Bora Bora for 2 days and I was thinking of having dinner off the ship during our overnight there (considering St. James Bora Bora). Will we miss out on anything if we are off the ship that evening?

Any other off-ship restaurant suggestions? We will be in Huahine, Bora Bora, Fakarava, Rangiroa, Ta'ha and Moorea.

Thanks so much!

Huahine Yacht Club is not close to the tender location but there is a shuttle to Fare. However, the ship usually departs Huahine around 5 pm or shortly thereafter.

Best islands to have dinner off ship is the first day on Bora Bora and the first day on Moorea as the ship stays the night.

Best restaurant IMO on Bora Bora is La Villa Mahana, you must make a reservation.

On Moorea I would ask Emdee as she has the most experience on the better restaurants on Moorea.

I have eaten at La Villa Mahana three times and it is simply amazing. Not cheap though. They will pick you up at the tender dock and drive you back.

They take reservations a year in advance as there are not a lot of tables.

For lunch on MOOREA try Snack Mahana. It's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have eaten at La Villa Mahana three times and it is simply amazing. Not cheap though. They will pick you up at the tender dock and drive you back.

They take reservations a year in advance as there are not a lot of tables.

For lunch on MOOREA try Snack Mahana. It's awesome.

"Snack Mahana" .... oh that's right you go to Mac Donalds for lunch back home... he he

Actually Snack Mahana is a wonderful place for good food, local flair and realistic prices ...

Unfortunately i dont know anything about Moorea as we took the dinner package.

On BB Jean Georges has a restaurant in the St Regis. Havent been and wont go as once again we have chosen the dinner package in the Thalasso. I am all about convenience in these places.

Thank you all so much! I've added Snack Mahana to my list for lunch in Moorea.

Yes, thank you, Tahitianbigkahuna, I forgot we had to take the shuttle to Fare in Huahine. Our excursion ends at noon, do you think we would have time to take the shuttle to Fare and make it back to the boat? If we were back on the shuttle by 3 pm would that allow us enough time?

I looked at pictures and reviews of La Villa Mahana and it looks amazing. We will be traveling with our 9-year old, however, and I'm wondering if this is more of a couple's spot? He is well-traveled and has eaten in many nice restaurants (and eats a wide variety of food). I'm just wondering if we should try for St. James or even Matira Beach Restaurant instead? If you think it would be ok to bring our 9-year old to La Villa Mahana, I may try to get a reservation! Thank you!

Thank you all so much! I've added Snack Mahana to my list for lunch in Moorea.

Yes, thank you, Tahitianbigkahuna, I forgot we had to take the shuttle to Fare in Huahine. Our excursion ends at noon, do you think we would have time to take the shuttle to Fare and make it back to the boat? If we were back on the shuttle by 3 pm would that allow us enough time?

I looked at pictures and reviews of La Villa Mahana and it looks amazing. We will be traveling with our 9-year old, however, and I'm wondering if this is more of a couple's spot? He is well-traveled and has eaten in many nice restaurants (and eats a wide variety of food). I'm just wondering if we should try for St. James or even Matira Beach Restaurant instead? If you think it would be ok to bring our 9-year old to La Villa Mahana, I may try to get a reservation! Thank you!

Personally I don't think taking a 9 year old is a good idea to La Villa Mahana. It is most definitely a couples place. However the decision is up to you and the food really is amazing. What about Bloody Mary's?

Personally I don't think taking a 9 year old is a good idea to La Villa Mahana. It is most definitely a couples place. However the decision is up to you and the food really is amazing. What about Bloody Mary's?

I'll check out Bloody Mary's! Thanks for the advice and the suggestion!

I'll check out Bloody Mary's! Thanks for the advice and the suggestion!

It's much better for dinner than lunch! Unless it's Sunday when they do not have the local fishermen bringing in their catch...

We were thinking of going to Bloody Mary for dinner. Do we need reservation??

Thanks

If there is another ship in port YES. It's probably a good idea to contact them anyway because you never know if a group from a hotel will have reserved.

Frankly, I'd have to be persuaded to have dinner off the ship. FP is not about fine dining, in general. That being said we've had some lovely meals at both of Les Tipanier's restaurants on Moorea. Snack Mahana too, but realize that this is not fine dining, but rather a picnic-like lunch under a tree (good food, though.)

Frankly, I'd have to be persuaded to have dinner off the ship. FP is not about fine dining, in general. That being said we've had some lovely meals at both of Les Tipanier's restaurants on Moorea. Snack Mahana too, but realize that this is not fine dining, but rather a picnic-like lunch under a tree (good food, though.)

We are with you Wendy. We found the food on PG to be right up our alley. Especially the Moonfish! Making me hungry here.;p:cool:

We are with you Wendy. We found the food on PG to be right up our alley. Especially the Moonfish! Making me hungry here.;p:cool:

Yes! Although seeing live moonfish changed my attitude a bit (but not enough to stop eating it.) :cool:

I've never heard anything particularly good about the food at Bloody Mary's. I did hear a few years back about a place up in the hills, but can't remember the name, and perhaps it's all changed now anyways.

Bloody Mary's was TERRIBLE for lunch. Food mediocre and the actual Bloody Mary drink sucked. But the ambience was great and we had a good time despite the food. It's a different menu for dinner where you can choose from much fresh fish caught that day. Not Sunday though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!! Based on the feedback that the food in FP isn't great, I think we've decided to do one off-site dinner in Moorea (we are staying at the Hilton pre-cruise and will do it then), Snack Mahana on one of our port days and we'll try to get to Fare to eat at the Yacht Club for lunch. We'll just eat on the ship on our Bora Bora night or try for a last minute reservation if we feel like getting off. Thanks!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!! Based on the feedback that the food in FP isn't great, I think we've decided to do one off-site dinner in Moorea (we are staying at the Hilton pre-cruise and will do it then), Snack Mahana on one of our port days and we'll try to get to Fare to eat at the Yacht Club for lunch. We'll just eat on the ship on our Bora Bora night or try for a last minute reservation if we feel like getting off. Thanks!!

I didn't feel that the feedback meant that ALL good in FP isn't great! Which place on MOOREA are you trying for dinner?

You can see what ships will be in port on this site ....

BTW Reunion Cruise fellow passengers .... no other ship in Bora Bora when we are there :)

http://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/bora-bora-island-port-107?month=2017-07#schedule

Did anyone else notice that this calendar is off by a day for the PG? At least it is for my sailing in September... it shows us having embarkation day in Tahiti on Sept 7, but my cruise starts Sept 6 lol Every day on the itinerary is off by a day- maybe they based it on the 2016 schedule??

Did anyone else notice that this calendar is off by a day for the PG? At least it is for my sailing in September... it shows us having embarkation day in Tahiti on Sept 7, but my cruise starts Sept 6 lol Every day on the itinerary is off by a day- maybe they based it on the 2016 schedule??

It is off for the upcoming July 5 cruise also.

I didn't feel that the feedback meant that ALL good in FP isn't great! Which place on MOOREA are you trying for dinner?

I am trying to get a reservation at Le Lezard Jaune Cafe, but I'm finding them to be very difficult to get a hold of and so far our hotel hasn't helped either!

I am trying to get a reservation at Le Lezard Jaune Cafe, but I'm finding them to be very difficult to get a hold of and so far our hotel hasn't helped either![/

Their email and phone number are both on TripAdvisor. Have you tried contacting them directly? Do they offer pick up from your hotel?

I am trying to get a reservation at Le Lezard Jaune Cafe, but I'm finding them to be very difficult to get a hold of and so far our hotel hasn't helped either![/

Their email and phone number are both on TripAdvisor. Have you tried contacting them directly? Do they offer pick up from your hotel?

I was finally able to contact them through iMessenger! Yes, they pick up. :)