Checking in with multiple rooms question

cltdad

I just did this at our 90 day check=in point. We have ajoining rooms and one is listed under my husband and the other under me (both silver). two oldest kids in my cabin are newbies. I had my daughter (oldest) sign on the same time I did under my husband's account at midnight EST and only one of us at a time were able to "trigger" the check-in link to show up as the excursion/activities link was the only one that would. I booked some random thing and then the link for both cabins to check in showed up and my daughter logged back in and we both checked in at the same time in order to get PATs together as that was our main goal. We also were able to book excursions (well palo and meet and greets and an excursion) for all of us under one reservation (our names all showed up when booked something and you just checkmark which people wanted to book). Only one of us could book from now on if the other is in the other reservation (it locks you out as I had a pop up warning the other reservation could not log in while i was in it).

If you have adjoining rooms with linked reservations (but different numbers) is 1 person able to check in online for both rooms, choose PAT, excursions, Palo, etc? Thanks!

You can book activities/excursion/etc for any other rooms that are linked to your reservation while in your reservation.

For online check in, each reservation must be logged into separately. But you can do it, just have to do them separately.

Ok, so as long as the multiple confirmation numbers are linked to the same reservation you can do PAT, dining, meet greets and port adventures with just one person logging in. I did it and it worked fine (with some wierd Disney IT issues here and there) in the process.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Ok, so as long as the multiple confirmation numbers are linked to the same reservation you can do PAT, dining, meet greets and port adventures with just one person logging in. I did it and it worked fine (with some wierd Disney IT issues here and there) in the process.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

You can't select Port Arrival Times for everyone at the same time. That's part of the online check in. And each room must check in separately. But one person can check in for all rooms (separately) as long as they have the log in information.

• 2 months later...
Do you have to enter all of the passport numbers and personal info before it allows you to chose a PAT? I am getting ready for our midnight check-in and want to be ready! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you are on a cruise that requires passports, you don't need to enter passport numbers. You do need to enter basic identifying data, and the PAT selection is at the end of the on line check in process. I don't really know how much you can skip to get to the PAT. You can go back and edit later.

If this is not your first DCL cruise, much of the default info from your previous cruise(s) will already show up when you start the on line check in.

You can't select Port Arrival Times for everyone at the same time. That's part of the online check in. And each room must check in separately. But one person can check in for all rooms (separately) as long as they have the log in information.

So , for example, if we have 4 linked reservations with one of the 4 silver (and therefore an earlier check in date) that one can check in for themselves , get a PAT , then make a dinner reservation (or something) for the other three and then check in and get PATs for the other three?

An additional question. If I'm reading correctly people using DCL transportation from MCO don't need a PAT. Is this correct?

We are flying in the day before the cruise and sleeping at the airport and then taking a Disney transfer to the ship. Does this mean we get to board early?

Do you have to enter all of the passport numbers and personal info before it allows you to chose a PAT? I am getting ready for our midnight check-in and want to be ready! [emoji12]

All information spaces on the pages preceding the Port Arrival Time page must be filled out before the PAT page will unlock.

Now, you can enter the correct information , or gibberish (the system only recognizes that you've entered SOMETHING, not whether it's true or not). You can go back at a later time to correct any misinformation.

So , for example, if we have 4 linked reservations with one of the 4 silver (and therefore an earlier check in date) that one can check in for themselves , get a PAT , then make a dinner reservation (or something) for the other three and then check in and get PATs for the other three?

When the check in and excursion/activity booking windows open for the Silver room (90 days out) you can only check in and book activities for anyone in that room. The other names (in linked rooms) will be there, but grayed out (unselectable) until their booking window opens (75 days out for first time cruisers).

An additional question. If I'm reading correctly people using DCL transportation from MCO don't need a PAT. Is this correct?

We are flying in the day before the cruise and sleeping at the airport and then taking a Disney transfer to the ship. Does this mean we get to board early?

People using DCL transfers may or may not be required to select a Port Arrival Time. If your check in process asks you to do so, you should.

Did you book the Hyatt MCO (assuming that's what you meant by "sleeping at the airport") through DCL? If so, generally, yes you will not be prompted to select a PAT.

Boarding begins at around 11:15-11:30 with Concierge guests, followed by Platinum Castaway Club level people. Then they start calling boarding numbers. Boarding numbers are issued at check in at the port and are tied to your PAT. If you are not prompted to select a PAT during your online check in process, you will be assigned a boarding number relative to when you arrive at the terminal (via DCL transfers).

No, it does not mean that you'll get to board early. It does mean that you will be admitted to the terminal (thru security) when your bus arrives with little or no waiting in line. I'm not sure you are right about not needing a PAT. I know that platinums don't need a PAT, but I thought those on DCL buses who do not have some other reason to be exempt still select a PAT.

And to the person who has one room silver and 3 rooms of newbies--only the cabin that is silver will be able to do on line check in or make reservations at 90 days. The other 3 rooms will need to wait till their window opens. Have them select a PAT as close to yours as possible and the same for adult dining (if desired). After boarding one person can go to Palo or to the location for "Palo reservations" with the info from all 4 cabins and the manager will put you all together at the same time. As to excursions, book what you want at 90 days and hope the others can get the same at 75. If not, you'll have to decide whether to go alone or hope spaces open for the others--you have until 3 days before embarkation to cancel if you can't get what you want.

All information spaces on the pages preceding the Port Arrival Time page must be filled out before the PAT page will unlock.

Now, you can enter the correct information , or gibberish (the system only recognizes that you've entered SOMETHING, not whether it's true or not). You can go back at a later time to correct any misinformation.

Yes you can enter gibberish and selecting driving instead of flying lets you bypass entering the flight info. I have skipped a lot of the info before when checking in multiple rooms so we can all get the same PAT but I always go back and correct the info.

DCL needs the flight info for buss scheduling and if the ship is late coming back to the terminal, so they can notify the airline. The PII / passport/ SSN are needed for the passenger manifest with Customs and USCG.

This is one of the area's that I wish DCL would allow people to enter the info earlier and just wait until the cut off dates to select PAT.

Yes you can enter gibberish and selecting driving instead of flying lets you bypass entering the flight info. I have skipped a lot of the info before when checking in multiple rooms so we can all get the same PAT but I always go back and correct the info.

DCL needs the flight info for buss scheduling and if the ship is late coming back to the terminal, so they can notify the airline. The PII / passport/ SSN are needed for the passenger manifest with Customs and USCG.

This is one of the area's that I wish DCL would allow people to enter the info earlier and just wait until the cut off dates to select PAT.

My memory may be failing me, but I could swear that before they changed the website a few years back, you could enter personal information prior to your online booking date. Any other veeran cruisers recall that?

I don't remember being able to enter information prior to the window opening on DCL, but I definitely recall that when I entered the reservation number, all information entered for previous cruises was already in place (in one situation, including a notation that the passport was about to expire and would not be valid on that cruise...yes, we'd already applied for a new one!) Obviously stuff like flight information wasn't there, but it was nice to not need to type names, addresses, etc. a zillion times.