Mazatlan with little kids

PrincessGirl

We are sailing on Princess with our 3 and 5 year old daughters in December. What would you recommend doing in Mazatlan?

(FYI: My husband is a little concerned about safety in Mexico so excursions through the ship or safe areas/beaches/pools nearby would be best.)

Thank you in advance!

We are sailing on Princess with our 3 and 5 year old daughters in December. What would you recommend doing in Mazatlan?

(FYI: My husband is a little concerned about safety in Mexico so excursions through the ship or safe areas/beaches/pools nearby would be best.)

Thank you in advance!

I will recommend Stone Island for kids to play in the ocean. The water is pretty shallow for several yards out, and very little surge. Lety's restaurant and bar has good food and drinks are very reasonable.

The water taxi is a short cheap ride and the terminal is a few blocks from the dock.

You can see Stone Island on the right side of the ship as you approach Mazatlan. The water taxis take you across the approach channel.

Mazatlan lost the cruise business a few years ago and they beefed up the security a lot.

This has convinced the cruise lines to start going there again.

For a complete good day, think about taking a pulmonia taxi for a tour of the city and malecon, then have him drop you off at the water taxi terminal to go to stone island.

Edited by swedish weave

You could take a taxi from the cruise port through the city (to see the main sights) and then to the "Golden Zone". It is a good place to enjoy some family beach time together.

We were in Mazatlan in November and didn't encounter ourselves or hear of any security issues from other cruise passengers.

http://cruiseports.ca/mexico/mazatlan.html

Thank you in advance!

We were on a Top 10 Mazatlan tour and had 2 kids. They enjoyed it. One of the places we stopped was right by the beach, where you can pick up fish scraps from the local fishermen (tour guides did this) and put them on the end of sticks and feed them to the birds. Kids loved it. Some local kids came over with a plastic bag of fish scraps trying to get in on the action, we gave them a few bucks so my kid could try to feed the birds again. There was a stop to watch cliff divers, then another stop for lunch and shopping and walking around, and a tour of the city. No issues with the kids, they enjoyed themselves.

Does Stone Island have a place to change clothes? Not an issue unless we get wet.

I always go to Letys, and they have restrooms where you can change. The other places along the beach probably have similar facilities. Several have chairs, loungers, and palapas in the sand. Letys also has chairs and tables under a roof.