POA Kauai Arrival Time Changed?

POACruzer

When I first booked our POA cruise back in November the Kauai arrival time (as stated on the NCL website) was Thursday September 14th at 10:00 am. I just so happened to notice this weekend that the time of arrival has changed to 8:00 am. There doesn't appear to be any other changes to the schedule. Can anyone who has sailed recently confirm that the time has indeed changed and I am not crazy? It would be nice to get on the road two hours earlier for our journey to either Waimea Canyon or the North Shore (not sure which way to go :D, 2nd day is a Blue Hawaiian Heli Tour).

Now that you mention it, I just checked and mine changed to 8am too. That's great because we have the tubing adventure booked and now there's plenty of time to get the car and explore before.

We're traveling Thanksgiving week in November.

It used to be 8am. Then about a year plus ago (not sure exactly when it was) when they were changing everything around, ie: ala carte, no water/soda allowed, etc. they snuck in the time changes on many cruises without notifying the cruisers. In spite of the requests to NCL for an explanation, there was no response from NCL. The prevailing thoughts of CC members was that if NCL had more time to get to the next port, they would save many bucks on fuel costs. That theory went along with NCL's money grab at the time and the transition to the FDR regime.

It was about 2-3 months ago that the times were changed back without any notice or fanfare.

• 3 weeks later...
It used to be 8am. Then about a year plus ago (not sure exactly when it was) when they were changing everything around, ie: ala carte, no water/soda allowed, etc. they snuck in the time changes on many cruises without notifying the cruisers. In spite of the requests to NCL for an explanation, there was no response from NCL. The prevailing thoughts of CC members was that if NCL had more time to get to the next port, they would save many bucks on fuel costs. That theory went along with NCL's money grab at the time and the transition to the FDR regime.

It was about 2-3 months ago that the times were changed back without any notice or fanfare.

Definitely without any notice. On our June 2017 cruise we didn't find out until we noticed that we were in port earlier than 10:00 AM. I wished that we had noticed the time change on our daily Freestyle which we had received the night before. This would have given us a chance to wake up earlier and start our day earlier.

• 2 weeks later...