Dockyard TBI Internet Service

CTSandy

Just back from the Summit on August 20, 2016. This is my sixth cruise to Bermuda and my usual routine is to head to Island Outfitter on the first day at the Dockyard to pick up a $15 TBI internet card. Surprised to discover they no longer sell them, neither does any of the Visitor Centers. Lots of people standing around outside the yogurt place using the free WiFi. When I was walking back to the ship I noticed that the water sports booking building on the pier had a sign advertising the TBI cards; I stopped to ask if the WiFi hot spots near the ships were still active and they told me that the WiFi had to be used near the building selling the cards. Pretty disappointed about that - I'm not sure if the hot spots have been changed or that people just complained about poor signal strength and didn't want to waste $15 to experiment. Carol Holding gift shops will activate WiFi for you on your device with any purchase and it's good for three days - good at their location at the pier and at the Clocktower Mall - signal wasn't very good, but I was able to check home and send a couple of messages.

Where is this yogurt place mentioned in the post below?

"Lots of people standing around outside the yogurt place using the free WiFi. "

Are there any other places in the dockyard that has free wifi?

Thanks so much.

Just back from the Summit on August 20, 2016. This is my sixth cruise to Bermuda and my usual routine is to head to Island Outfitter on the first day at the Dockyard to pick up a $15 TBI internet card. Surprised to discover they no longer sell them, neither does any of the Visitor Centers. Lots of people standing around outside the yogurt place using the free WiFi. When I was walking back to the ship I noticed that the water sports booking building on the pier had a sign advertising the TBI cards; I stopped to ask if the WiFi hot spots near the ships were still active and they told me that the WiFi had to be used near the building selling the cards. Pretty disappointed about that - I'm not sure if the hot spots have been changed or that people just complained about poor signal strength and didn't want to waste $15 to experiment. Carol Holding gift shops will activate WiFi for you on your device with any purchase and it's good for three days - good at their location at the pier and at the Clocktower Mall - signal wasn't very good, but I was able to check home and send a couple of messages.

Where is this yogurt place mentioned in the post below?

"Lots of people standing around outside the yogurt place using the free WiFi. "

Are there any other places in the dockyard that has free wifi?

The yogurt shop is BermyBerry. It is located a very short distance from the ferry dock (see map below). Free Wifi is offered with a purchase.

The Frog and Onion Pub offers free WiFi for their customers.

4e863226-ee55-4c60-a1aa-50854222ca06.jpg4e863226-ee55-4c60-a1aa-50854222ca06.jpg

SBtS

Kinda glad we opted for Go Best with unlimited internet! That $15 pass was a lifesaver last year when we needed to facetime our kids. Just about everyone we would need to contact will be onboard with us, but DH will need to check in with work everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday I sent an email to WEDco asking about the status of Dockyard Internet. Today I received a reply from them; they said that TBI has decided the revenue does not support the WiFi spots any longer. The Internet packages on ships has apparently cut into their customer base, so it looks like the only other Internet available will be the various spots in the Dockyard that offer 60 minutes or longer with purchases of other items.

Yesterday I sent an email to WEDco asking about the status of Dockyard Internet. Today I received a reply from them; they said that TBI has decided the revenue does not support the WiFi spots any longer. The Internet packages on ships has apparently cut into their customer base, so it looks like the only other Internet available will be the various spots in the Dockyard that offer 60 minutes or longer with purchases of other items.

You can do what I will do. I have a cell plan that allows me to buy $10 a day travel passes. My plan when in Bermuda is the same as my home plan. Would really only need a couple of days. Say start your pass at noon the first day and let it expire noon the third day. That would be $20 for two 24 hour periods if you were in Bermuda Wednesday thru Saturday.

You can do what I will do. I have a cell plan that allows me to buy $10 a day travel passes. My plan when in Bermuda is the same as my home plan. Would really only need a couple of days. Say start your pass at noon the first day and let it expire noon the third day. That would be $20 for two 24 hour periods if you were in Bermuda Wednesday thru Saturday.

That should have read Wednesday thru Friday. Don't know how Saturday got in there.