Norwegian Air to Rome

pamrose228

My son got an email that current flyers will be getting a special for their new Newark to Rome flights for February and March ( not sure about April) for $270 rt. Must pay for bags but still a great deal for Rome cruises

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

You will also have to pay for meals and for seat reservations. You can avoid all of these additional fares by booking the LowFare+ rate that they offer, and a bag, in-flight meals- and your choice of seats will all be included in the Lowfare+ price at booking. The only thing that separates Norwegian Air Shuttle from the mainstream carriers is that they make you pay for headphones and a blanket, so just bring a blanket and a set of headphones of your own and you will be good.

Yes, the 787 planes have decent legroom. yes, you will have a personal screen with free movies. Yes, the airline is reputable and the service is subjective, but they did undergo training and will be trying their best. Don't believe people when they say all the terrible things about these low cost airlines, most of the time, they don't read up on it and are disappointed because they expected a cheaper Delta. If it is still cheaper than the mainstream carrier (I assume United if you like to fly from Newark) with the LowFare+ rate, then I suggest looking for the perfect cruise to go with these amazing flights! :)

My son got an email that current flyers will be getting a special for their new Newark to Rome flights for February and March ( not sure about April) for $270 rt. Must pay for bags but still a great deal for Rome cruises

That's a good price. Been monitoring our Newark to Rome flight as well, but in May. Still $700plus on United.

Sounds like a great price.

I don't know anything about the airline.

Keith

Major loco in Europe with a modern fleet. The only concern for me on long haul, is that if an aircraft goes tech, it could be a while before there is a replacement. Definitely plan to fly in at least 2 days prior to your cruise.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Sounds like a great price.

I don't know anything about the airline.

Keith

We flew fro Fort Lauderdale to Gatwick after the Harmony Ta and had no complaints. One of the few airlines that a one way ticket is half price. I did see they use Stewart Airport north of New York for some flights

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

The only concern for me on long haul, is that if an aircraft goes tech, it could be a while before there is a replacement. Definitely plan to fly in at least 2 days prior to your cruise.

The lack of an interline agreement, and their limited flight schedule, may not work well for time sensitive travel.

We just used them on a Stewart (NY) to Edinburgh flight. New plane, fine service. Our only concern is what a couple of posters have already pointed out. If your flight is canceled for ANY reason, you have no possibility of being booked on another airline... And it may be days before Norwegian can reaccommodate you.