Norwegian Jade with kids

kapucine

Hello all,

Can anybody give me information on the "new" Jade regarding the play room?

It is our first time on NCL, and we loved the play rooms on Princess, Celebrity and Carnival.

Is it a room we can use with our baby (toys, books, etc)?

Our 3 yo daughter will be able to attend the activities on her own for the first time, we'll see if she enjoys.

Any other advice on cruising with kids on NCL is welcomed :)

Thanks!

I can't say for the Jade, but the Jewel is a sister ship, and it had a play room with lots of toys, and some were changed out everyday. They had some books there, and there were more in the library. Also everyday they had either 1 or 2 organized activities for kids under 3, they were listed as "Guppies" programs in the freestyle daily.

I can't say for the Jade, but the Jewel is a sister ship, and it had a play room with lots of toys, and some were changed out everyday. They had some books there, and there were more in the library. Also everyday they had either 1 or 2 organized activities for kids under 3, they were listed as "Guppies" programs in the freestyle daily.

Thank you Apsalar, I can see you have experience with NCL!

Yes, there is a Guppies play room and a small kids pool available for the younger set. Both are only open during certain hours, though. I can't comment on what they have, since we only saw the listings in the daily and didn't take our older son there at all.

There is a small kids section of books in the library that can also be checked out, though not a ton (maybe one or two shelves full, with many of these being more for independent readers and not toys).

As for attending on her own, make sure that she is fully potty trained. The staff will not offer any toileting assistance while she is in their care. Also, there are "free play" times on the schedule as well as planned activities. The planned activities are usually better attended (more kids, from my experience), but also louder/busier/more chaotic.

We found that our son enjoyed a mix -- some of the theme nights, but also some quieter activities (crafts, games, lego/duplo building blocks, etc.)