Galveston Cruise Port - Rental Car Companies?

QTPieRye

We used Enterprise and they did provide a shuttle, although it was not promised. We also did not have to pay the "one way" fee because enough pax were trying to book cars after their cruise when we dropped off. I would say though, that all bets are off right now. I wouldn't count on rental cars, hotels, or anything else without a lot of pre-planning. Houston/Galveston residents are likely to be utilizing all available resources....so my experience will likely be different than yours.

We used Enterprise and they did provide a shuttle, although it was not promised. We also did not have to pay the "one way" fee because enough pax were trying to book cars after their cruise when we dropped off. I would say though, that all bets are off right now. I wouldn't count on rental cars, hotels, or anything else without a lot of pre-planning. Houston/Galveston residents are likely to be utilizing all available resources....so my experience will likely be different than yours.

One TV report said there were up to 500,000 cars in the greater Houston area that were damaged in the flooding. My guess would be rental cars would be hard to come by.

• 3 weeks later...

Used Enterprise May 2016

No shuttle to ship.

Called John at Pink Taxis who provided an excellent service.

(Recommended by a local who was returning their rental car)

Transferred us to ship on sailaway day and arranged to pick us up and return us to IAH after the cruise.

John is a very professional, friendly and helpful person who charged a reasonable fare and picked us up at the agreed time post cruise.