Hurricane Irma?

Barb & Randy

okay people... thoughts...

Going out of New Orleans next Sunday (Sept 10), on the Carnival Dream but now there is a disturbance forming in the gulf and Hurricane Irma is projected to hit all of the ports we were scheduled to visit ... probably by Friday or Saturday (7th or 8th) ...

Key West, Nassau, and Freeport.

Does Carnival cancel or what to expect?

I'm very concerned, Barb. Having relatives in Houston (who are safe thus far) probably contributes to my concern. This is my first cruise and I had not planned to worry about anything. I guess when I booked in March I thought it would be nice to have a vacation after school was back in session. I have been dreaming of the sunny decks and blue skies all summer long.

Going out of New Orleans next Sunday (Sept 10), on the Carnival Dream but now there is a disturbance forming in the gulf and Hurricane Irma is projected to hit all of the ports we were scheduled to visit ... probably by Friday or Saturday (7th or 8th) ...

Rest assured that Carnival isn't going to sail their very expense boat any where close to a tropical cyclone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Rest assured that Carnival isn't going to sail their very expense boat any where close to a tropical cyclone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not worried about Carnival's expensive boat ... I'm worried about getting my husband ON the boat with hurricanes on the horizon ... especially if already in the Gulf. He's not a fan ...

I think it's pretty obvious that the cruise line isn't going to sale an expensive cruise ship and get it destroyed in hurricane

They will sail around the storm. The worst that could happen is they will change your port or not stop at all if it's stormy. So go with a flexible attitude. :D

Like others have stated the cruise lines won't intentionally put you or their expensive ship in harms way.

Hope this reassures DH

Cruise lines will typically change the itinerary in cases like this. Your cruise may well become a Western Caribbean cruise. You may not know this until you arrive at the port. This happened to us once on another cruise line when we showed up for an Eastern Caribbean cruise that was diverted to Western Caribbean by weather concerns. Typically they will notify you in advance if they have your email, and they will also post notices on their web pages.

The comfort and safety of the passengers is of paramount importance to all cruise lines. You can assure your husband that the ship will NOT sail into any situation which would place you or the ship in danger.