Taxi to airport last night - advice please

mjthecruiser

We have booked a room at Tiare Tahiti for the day we disembark Paul Gauguin prior to our 11:30 PM flight. Will we have trouble getting cab to the airport after dinner at the Roulottes? What time do we need to leave for the airport?

Won't have a problem ... the main road goes right past the Roulottes.

Leave to the airport around 8:30pm. You will have a long line but you have nothing else to do.

Should we ask the hotel to call a taxi? Will taxis be readily available at that time? Our luggage will be at the Hotel Tiare Tahiti so we will have to return there after dinner.

Go back to the hotel and have them grab you a cab. It's not that far to walk. There will be cabs available, no problem.

Tahitianbigkahuna,

Similar question. We will need transport from the PG ship early on the morning of disembarkation in Papeete on 10/18 as we have a 7:30am Air France Flight. We arrive back into Papeete the night before at 7:30P from Moorea.

Will there be taxis at 4:30AM sitting at the Port as we disembark or how do we assure that we can readily get taxi to airport. We will need a minivan as we are 4 adults. How early do we need to get off ship to go to airport. Suggestions?

We don't mind making a private transport reservation now but I do not know of any companies in Papeete that contract this type of transport from ship to airport. Thanks in advance.

Tahitianbigkahuna,

Similar question. We will need transport from the PG ship early on the morning of disembarkation in Papeete on 10/18 as we have a 7:30am Air France Flight. We arrive back into Papeete the night before at 7:30P from Moorea.

Will there be taxis at 4:30AM sitting at the Port as we disembark or how do we assure that we can readily get taxi to airport. We will need a minivan as we are 4 adults. How early do we need to get off ship to go to airport. Suggestions?

We don't mind making a private transport reservation now but I do not know of any companies in Papeete that contract this type of transport from ship to airport. Thanks in advance.

I was told GS would make a reservation on the last day on the ship. If I remember right there is fee for doing this.

Tahitianbigkahuna,

No, there won't be. There are people around who know taxi services and they book them beforehand. My advice is to pay the few bucks the ship charges, and have them arrange a cab for you. That way your departure will be ensured and seamless.

No, there won't be. There are people around who know taxi services and they book them beforehand. My advice is to pay the few bucks the ship charges, and have them arrange a cab for you. That way your departure will be ensured and seamless.

Wendy, do you know of any specific Papeete Taxi companies or Private transfer companies I can contact directly? If none, then I guess we will resort to PG making the taxi reservations.

By the way, will you be on our AF flight from LAX on 10/3?

We plan to take the 8:15 Terevau Ferry to Moorea when we arrive.

Will be here soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is also a taxi stand across the street from the dock/Roulottes area. You won't have a problem getting a cab.

Twin, this will be at 4:30 or so in the morning, for a 7:30 flight. I believe this would be a problem. I do know that people like Emdee probably have private taxis lined up.

BP, if you take a cab to the ferry from the airport, you may be able to arrange a pickup for disembarkation. Or get their phone number and name.

There is also a taxi stand across the street from the dock/Roulottes area. You won't have a problem getting a cab.

Twin, he needs to leave for the airport at 4.30 am....i would book the taxi thru the ship.

In jan our privately arranged driver didnt show and then Sandy put us into a taxi arranged by the ship.

Spend the absud $15 that the ship charges to setup the size taxi you need. We also had arranged for one privately a while ago,and he was a no show. For early morning you don't need that stress.

That is for sure! You are paying a lot of money for this cruise--$30 bucks is nothing.

Twin, he needs to leave for the airport at 4.30 am....i would book the taxi thru the ship.

In jan our privately arranged driver didnt show and then Sandy put us into a taxi arranged by the ship.

I was answering the person who was leaving after the roulottes for the evening flight!

Twin, this will be at 4:30 or so in the morning, for a 7:30 flight. I believe this would be a problem. I do know that people like Emdee probably have private taxis lined up.

BP, if you take a cab to the ferry from the airport, you may be able to arrange a pickup for disembarkation. Or get their phone number and name.

The OP is making at 11:30 pm flight. That's who my comment was directed at!

Good suggestion, just don't want to be left standing on street at 4:30A with a Taxi Driver who forgets to show up. Hoping for a guaranteed transport, can't risk missing our 7:30A International Flight

Tahitianbigkahuna,

Arrange it through the PG desk. You will get a charge for them handling it but it's money well spent, they know the 'ropes' and will have a transport for you. The PU time should be 4:30 am ...

The ship charges $15 to arrange a taxi. Ours was waiting when we walked off the boat. IMO it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Thank You all for the great info!! I totally agree, $15 is more then reasonable to assure a waiting taxi. Do I notify PG the night before?

Thank You all for the great info!! I totally agree, $15 is more then reasonable to assure a waiting taxi. Do I notify PG the night before?

Yeah, piece of cake. They will give out information forms about disembarkation a few days prior, and you just make the request there, or talk to Reception--can't remember how we did it, but I think it was the former.